CorVel in Denver, CO is seeking a IME Coordinator. The IME Coordinator is responsible for scheduling and coordinating appointments with clients, IME providers/physicians and examinees. This position ensures client specific requirements for provider specialty and location are met and that all ancillary services are coordinated.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and confirms appointment dates and times with physicians' offices.
- Communicates with clients/customers regarding appointment scheduling, physician CV's, appointment changes, no shows/cancellations, and receipt of medical records and/or images.
- Prepares and sends exam notification letters daily.
- Coordinates with the client to obtain required medical records prior to examination.
- Timely chart preparation by ensuring all records required are included, creates a cover letter detailing specific client questions, issues, and service requests and routes to the provider and/or to the exam location prior to examination.
- Communicates with physicians, clients and or examinees regarding any schedule changes. Responsible to submit client invoice and/or issue to accounting if charges are incurred.
- Coordinates ancillary services such as transportation and translation, when needed. Ensures the appropriate steps are taken to cancel and/or reschedule services upon appointment change or cancellation.
- Answer incoming calls and emails handle inquiries appropriately in a prompt, friendly and professional manner.
- Process and maintain spreadsheets for provider payments utilizing Corvel internal programs.
- Submit invoicing for IME/Peer reporting.
- Organizes and maintains document storage and record keeping in reporting system.
- Follows strict state guidelines regarding forms and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Unit Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks and prioritize workload with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills that include comfort in interactions with all levels of staff and individuals outside of the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, demonstrate, and promote a positive team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent multitasking required in this deadline driven dept.
- Above average verbal and written skills in order to communicate effectively and obtain correct information from physician offices, adjusters, account managers, attorneys and injured workers.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administrative support roles.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical office preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- CO hourly range $14.48 to $20.26
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable