The Claims Assistant will assist and support the liability claims team in the set-up of liability claims that come in either by phone or email. This role is extremely critical to both the team and expanding growth of our business. . We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. This role has the possibility of transitioning into a remote job from the office.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist claims team with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Process and distribute email and faxes
- Upload documents and input notes in the claims system
- Update and maintain SharePoint sites
- Additional duties as requested
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to flex schedule when business need arises
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Organize and maintain workload, ability prioritize work accordingly
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring positive approach to work
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have two (2) years office and customer service experience required
- Preferred 1-2 years prior work experience in General and Auto Liability claims
- Preferred industry knowledge on Liability terminology, coding and industry standards
- College degree preferred
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.