ICW Group continues to grow and the work of the actuarial department is a crucial part to the success of our company. With the increase of work and the addition of new line(s) of business, we are looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the team. If you have pricing experience in the property & casualty industry, apply today!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to produce complex actuarial analyses and manage projects through establishing timelines and meeting high levels of service in a fast-growing company. This position exists to support and execute Company strategy as directed by the Chief Actuary while working to gain the skills necessary to be a subject matter expert for a functional area. This position will manage, maintain, and improve the existing critical processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides complex analyses and participates in process development to support company objectives.
- Provides technical, actuarial analyses in the areas of pricing, reserving, analytics, and systems integration.
- Identifies potential issues, weighs in the analysis results, recommends mitigation strategies and solutions through sound decision making process.
- Builds and enhances the pricing framework such as assessing profitability metrics, closing any pricing disparity, expanding modeling capabilities and exploring additional parameters.
- Manages multiple core/critical processes within the department.
- Manages processes and modified as needed to improve accuracy and efficiency.
Manages and follows through with assigned projects.
- Completes assigned projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within scope.
- Provides regular status updates to project/task lead.
- Ensures key stakeholders are identified and regularly informed of project status.
- Assumes responsibility in a number of concurrent projects assigned.
- Works with individuals in other departments in fulfilling the actuarial role within larger projects.
- Promotes the use of predictive analytics throughout the organization.
Works to continuously broaden knowledge and guides junior level team members.
- Provides training and technical guidance to actuarial department staff in support of a self-sustaining culture.
- Develops the skill to efficiently review others' work and to provide valuable feedback.
- Broadens knowledge around business rules, industry structure and emerging events, and alternate data sources.
- Learns and applies current analytic tools and methods. Stays abreast of professional developments and industry trends.
- Fosters positive, collaborative working relationships with higher level experts across the organization.
- Researches, develops, and applies new analytical techniques that are applicable to the business and share knowledge with peers and teammates.
This role does not have direct reports but may mentor and/or train junior team members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field. Minimum of 4 Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams required. Minimum 3 years of related experience required. Experience in commercial lines pricing preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Thorough knowledge of actuarial models and ability to assess results. Working knowledge of emerging analytic techniques. Practice critical thought process in enhancing existing products and processes. Ability to make sound decisions within areas of responsibility with minimal supervisory input. Ability to fully manage a complex product, requiring expertise spanning actuarial methods, advanced analytic techniques, in-depth business knowledge, and in-depth systems and data knowledge.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.