Field Claims Adjuster - Remote
As a Field Claims Adjuster, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve multi-line claims in a fair, prompt and equitable manner. You are a source of knowledge and comfort during difficult times. When faced with the destructive aftermath of a natural disaster, you help clients through the claims process. You also support them as they rebuild their businesses and resume their lives. Federated provides a defined training program to teach you the fundamentals of commercial claims and prepare you to serve clients.
This is a remote/home-based position that will require travel by car and/or plane frequently. Roughly 50% of your time will be spend traveling. Frequent overnight travel and occasional multi-night travel included.
- Evaluates claims, determines the validity of coverage, conducts necessary investigation, and appraises damage.
- Explain policy coverage to clients and third parties.
- Secures proper settlement documentation. Determines and authorizes settlement payments based on the results of the investigation and the determination of coverage/liability.
- Determine the value of damaged items.
- Negotiate settlements with clients or third parties.
- Conducts field investigations. Makes recommendations for the resolution of claims exceeding authority limits.
- Retains the services of and collaborates with outside experts such as medical specialists, appraiser, and engineers when deemed necessary to secure all relevant facts for proper evaluation of claims.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and/or their attorneys to effect binding settlements. Attends hearings and trials to evaluate testimony.
- A four-year degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience in property and casualty claims handling
- Prefer two years customer service experience
- Strong analytical, computer and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demand / Work Environment
- Travel by car and/or plane frequently, including overnight and occasional multi-night travel
- Occasionally adjust work schedule and/or work extra hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ascend/descend a ladder
- Lift, push and pull items weighing 60 pounds
- Operate a variety of power equipment
- Must have physical mobility, vision, and hearing necessary to traverse and evaluate claims damage