Are you ready to take the next step in your career? The Assistant Branch Manager, along with the Branch Manager, will manage functions and Technical Products of a select WCU branch to assure that practices comport with relevant compliance regulations and with company fiscal policy so that underwriting activities are completed expeditiously, efficiently and cost effectively. enhance pricing, profitability, growth and brand strength.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Drives sales and branch operational goals in partnership with the Branch Manager.
- Develops programs to promote new products, reposition existing products and integrate diverse corporate philosophies to support overall marketing and Underwriting efforts of the branch.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the geographic territory assigned with regard to production sources, competitor activity, and economic and demographic idiosyncrasies.
- Manages marketing research to help identify opportunities for management, product enhancements, new distribution channels and new geographic markets with growth potential.
Leverages current and emerging industry information to enhance team member production and branch operations.
- Monitors WCIRB/NCCI rulings, forms and coverage changes or updates.
- Strategically educates self and team on industry related changes such as competitor activities, rating plans, credit and pricing trends.
- Develops business acumen in the areas of internal organization goals and strategies, leadership skills, sales techniques, negotiation abilities and other related topics to share with assigned team members or branch team members as needed.
- Directs activities pertaining to industry affairs and trade show events including exhibiting, special events and lead generation follow up.
Underwrites assigned branch team members' Worker's Compensation accounts, drives assigned team member profitability and manages own profitable book of business.
- Utilize high level underwriting authority to effectively price Company's products.
- Sells, services and maintains a producer force that can sell and control a profitable and growing book of business; Monitors production and quality of assigned producers
- Drives profitable sale of the Company's products including increasing sales of existing products, and the introduction and selling of new products as they are developed.
- Develops own and assigns out producer groups to improve the quality and quantity of the business we obtain from assigned producers.
- Prospects and develops new business.
Develops and leads a team of Worker's Compensation Underwriters and Branch Underwriters.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to assigned team members.
- Establishes and maintains the work cadence and, in partnership with the Branch Manager and other WCU leaders, ensures performance and sales goals of self and team are accomplished.
- Ensures that the assigned team is engaged and that practices in the branch encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Adheres to Company and department specific hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Assists the Branch Manager during the performance management and development process for assigned team members and regularly assists or completes development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for branch team members to answer questions and solve complex problems in partnership with the Branch Manager.
Directly supervises team(s) of Business Development Underwriters and/or Branch Underwriters.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience in similar positions.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in insurance underwriting.
- Extensive experience providing superior customer service, presenting product related information and demonstrated ability to influence customers.
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 1-2 years of business operations management experience in the property casualty insurance industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to work with financial risk related concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to combine disparate skills and thinking to craft solutions and solve complex procedural and operational problems. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common sales and industry related technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively. Ability to effectively present information to team members and business partners.