Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPerform administrative duties for Bond and Specialty Insurance Claim and assist with general office procedures and problems. Obtain and document claim information as directed utilizing Bond underwriting and claim systems, review of files, and incoming and outgoing correspondence.
This position is based full time in our St. Paul. MN office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support such as typing, filing, photocopy and fax requests, processing incoming mail/faxes (i.e. sorting, prioritization and distribution to technical staff) and file diary maintenance.
- Assures accuracy in all areas of responsibility (e.g. data entry, report generation, mail distribution, correspondence, and telephone messages).
- Answers telephones professionally and responds to routine questions and re-routes calls as required.
- Sets up and maintains claim physical files and electronic files in BCMS.
- Prepares closed files for shipping and storage.
- Prepares and sends out claim correspondence (Autodoc form letters).
- Obtains coverage information from underwriting work stations.
- As requested, assists in completion of financial transactions in BCMS and through Finance (e.g. payments/checks, recoveries, wire transfers, voids, stop pays, wet signature requests, and cancelled check copies).
- As requested, orders and maintains general office supplies.
- As requested, receives, reviews, and directs to appropriate individual electronic communication received (Communications Queue, electronic service of process.
- for lawsuits).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills:
- Basic communication skills required to request and provide routine data and to respond to oral and written instructions. Communicates with agents, insureds, principals, claimants and co-workers without jeopardizing business and professional relationships. Takes initiative to stay informed and keep others informed.
- Computer Skills:
- Excellent data entry skills. Working knowledge of claim and underwriting systems used (e.g. BCMS, ELMS, CAMS, CSAMS, and Bond Production).
- Teamwork Competencies:
- Assists others without being asked and provides backup support for other unit members to ensure consistent level of support services. Identifies and obtains necessary facts and coverage information from underwriting systems or personnel needed to support the claim process.
- Leadership Competencies:
- Identifies areas which need personal development and seeks training/mentoring. Participates in establishing and achieving individual goals. Presents a positive, professional image of the company through commitment to service standards.
- Leading Self: Exhibits courage, conviction, and credibility. Takes the lead on unpopular though necessary actions. Acts decisively to tackle difficult problems. Exhibits character through words and deeds, encourage honesty throughout the organization. Is viewed as capable, effective, and able to enlist others. Communicates effectively and influences others. Clearly articulates even the most complex concepts so others understand.
- Influences others without using formal authority. Is open to being influenced to explore new possibilities. Adjusts own style according to the demands of the situation. Applies critical thinking. Analyzes complex issues and problems then synthesizes information to identify key issues and make decisions. Focuses on the big picture in a complex situation and relies on guiding values and intuition to arrive at the best course of action. Integrates different perspectives and ideas.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness:
- Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve with a balance of humility. Seeks and embraces candid feedback with resiliency. Reflects on and learns from experience. Admits mistakes and faults.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.