Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAs an Agribusiness Development Director, you will drive top-line growth for Agribusiness by improving transactional new business underwriter capabilities, establishing marketing strategies, coordinating activity to drive same store sales, book transfers and new appointments, and utilizing market dynamics to increase market share.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead strategic business planning at a territory and agency management level in partnership with the Transactional New Business Account Executive (AE/underwriter) and/or Managing Director (MD).
- Define, document, and guide the execution of the Agribusiness strategy.
- Allocate resources to achieve strategic objectives and monitor and report on progress.
- Use analytics and data and competitor/market intelligence to inform strategy and prioritize needs.
- Develop and implement lead generation through new appointments, book transfers, and same store sales.
- Coach Transactional NB AEs on sales training.
- Develop and implement a regional marketing strategy in partnership with the Regional Vice President (RVP) and/or MD.
- Work with agents to develop marketing strategies using social media platforms when possible. Establish agent incentive programs.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive and market landscape.
- 5 years of insurance marketing or closely related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5+ years of insurance marketing experience.
- Able to influence change through others.
- Understanding of sales and marketing techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to collect and organize data.
- Experience prioritizing and allocating resources.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to organize and present information to audiences of various size.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.