Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryIn this role you will work with the Shared Services Team Leader to: Provide Underwriting with information to enable the delivery of New Business and Renewal terms for all Business Lines (where applicable). Deliver back office service to Brokers and Insured's around policy fulfilment and service enquiries (including Mid Term Adjustments). Input underwriting and account data to the various systems supporting the Business Units. Resolve problems for and provide superior service to internal and external customers in line with Operations and Business areas service standards. Support Underwriting in the execution of their Business Plans by providing efficient operational support. Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Operational support delivering training and support to other members of the team. Support Underwriters with the delivery of process and systems expertise. Create and maintain documented procedures. Identify areas for process improvement. Support debiting of accounts and assisting Credit Control with premium collection and allocation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participates and supports Underwriters in the renewal, new business, mid-term alteration activities (i.e., identify/gather relevant account information to quote and / or bind the policy, create underwriting exhibits, etc.) that support underwriting decisions, consistent with business unit growth and retention goals.
- Responsible for all relevant primary tasks aligned to (but not limited to) the following transactions: Set-Up Quote, Analyse Submission, Analyse Reports, Complete Hold Cover, Policy Issuance (New & Renewals), Renewal List, Renewal Package, Cancellations/Lapses/MTA/Slip recording/Null declarations/Notice of Cancellations.
- Thoroughly review incoming requests, policy issuance and slip information for completeness, compliance with sales, marketing, underwriting and regulatory guidelines. Record and refer those that are outside the guidelines to the underwriting department for approval.
- Prepares underwriting/pricing exhibits (including exposure information, rating, claims analysis, expense models, updated account information, MapFlow.).
- Manages account documentation (i.e., quotations, actuarial pricing models, reinsurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Ensures accurate and timely servicing and debiting of accounts and assists credit control with premium collection as required.
- Provide the Claim department with account coverage information as requested.
- Supports Underwriters in delivering New Business by providing support and information on the submission as well as supporting tasks through Analysing Reports to going on cover.
- Provides underwriting support and other related services as necessary (e.g., input account information into system).
- Produce exception reports and act on them in a timely manner to ensure accurate risk details are maintained on the Underwriting System including premium estimates, exposures, reinsurance cessions and regulatory coding.
- Process the Underwriting Signing Message premium corrections in a timely and efficient manner and liaise with underwriters and brokers as required.
- Maintain, action and process all electronic endorsements within the agreed service level agreement. Ensure all documentation is indexed to the relevant company document repository.
- You will have been educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent and have previously worked in a similar role in the insurance industry.
- Must be able to use pivot tables in Excel, create presentation documents in PowerPoint and update basic documents in Word.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Ideally, you will likely have a working general knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance and/or Lloyds market.
Licensing or Certificates
- Preferably you will have completed your Certificate CII
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- You are detail focused and able to maintain a high degree of accuracy in your work.
- You should have sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers and be comfortable working with a range of applications.
- You will likely be highly motivated and can work independently but are also comfortable working in a team environment.
- You should have a good degree of numeracy to be able to understand and work with numbers.
- You should have good communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships across organisation and intermediate customer focus.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.