Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAs the Lead Architect for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) within Enterprise Data and Analytics, you will be responsible for the strategic vision and architectural design patterns for how the enterprise will train, track, deploy, and operate models to help drive our competitive advantage in our markets. You will partner with stakeholders that lead our Business and Technology strategy to identify emerging technologies and novel ways to integrate them into our portfolio of capabilities by defining target states that meet the organizations objectives and robust roadmaps for how they will be accomplished. Additionally, you will work closely with development teams, data scientists, cybersecurity, and data governance to ensure that implementations align to the broader vision, objectives, and enterprise standards.
As a successful candidate, you must have a track record of building robust, secure, and highly-available enterprise grade solutions using AI/ML through both batch and real-time execution. You have extensive experience within the public cloud and understand modern design patterns.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate your ideas and vision to a broad audience consisting of both technical and non-technical individuals. You are a person of high-integrity and humility while maintaining enough self-confidence to pushback or stand your ground when and where it is in the best interest of the organization.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Enterprise strategy for AI/ML model development, training, deployment, operations, and compliance.
- Architect, design, and help implement large scale and enterprise grade AI/ML solutions.
- Display strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principles and technology modernization.
- Look for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and AI/ML trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise.
- Lead technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Participate and lead in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps.
- Ensure alignment of IT initiatives with the target state.
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction.
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 1 year of experience as a technical lead required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong expertise in AI/ML and deep learning for computer vision, natural language processing and virtual assistants
- Experience in one or more machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, and Pytorch
- Expertise optimizing deep learning models for high-volume real-time inference.
- Familiarity with SageMaker and containers for hosting training and inference workloads in the cloud.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Experience executing on technology modernization initiatives including cloud migration and utilization of modern design patterns using microservices, distributed compute, and containers.
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud desired
- Strong experience designing and implementing solutions that meet enterprise needs for security, governance, and compliance.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.