Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe BI Field VP is accountable for the production and profitability for Select, Middle and National Property Business Insurance opportunity in the region. The Field VP will work collaboratively with the Business Heads and/or Practice Leaders to determine business plan for each market/segment. Works closely with the business segments to determine the best go to market strategy to effectively and efficiently grow profitably.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to think broadly to develop a Regional Distribution and Underwriting Strategy for the local market. Utilizes an outside-in orientation to design strategy. Creates a vision for the team and inspires the team to act.
- Strong talent management practices to execute the sourcing, recruiting, development of local talent. Skills, capabilities and performance expectations will be defined in collaboration with the Practice or Business Segment to execute the strategy. Works with the Business/Practice Lead to hire and build talent. Seeks input and feedback from the Practice/Business Lead.
- Creates career opportunities across BI segments.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and has followership to help effectively transform the organization while always keeping a focus on performing.
- Has courage to act and has a collaborative approach to solving business problems. Inclusive leader that develops a culture where employees feel valued. Actively seeks out and receives differing points of views.
- In partnership, develops a strategic plan to achieve overall business and company objectives for the region by collaborating with the Business/Industry segments. (Rate/Retention/Profitability).
Agency and Distribution Management:
- Effectively manages local strategies, objectives, tactics concerning relationships with brokers and agencies in collaboration with the Regional President Strategies/Agenda.
- Effectively guides and oversees the regional approach to managing brokers and agents in order to develop mutually beneficial relationships and achieve business goals. These strategies will be informed by the practice/business segment to achieve business plan for Business Insurance.
Strategic P&L Leadership:
- Provides a clear vision of the future and translates the vision into realistic business strategies.
- Inspires others to achieve quality results and promotes a spirit of always doing the right thing' on behalf of the enterprise and the business.
- Has P&L responsibility for all aspects of their region. Responsible for setting strategies aligned with Business Goals focused on growing and retaining profitable books of business in the regional market.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and the ability to take strategies coming from the business heads and translate them into actions/execution within the Region.
- 10 years of leading an underwriting organization is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 15 years of leading an underwriting organization is preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.