Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummarySupports the strategic and operations functions of a the Auto product line. Supports the overall profitability, growth and retention of the product line by delivering industry leading, market competitive product offerings. Incumbent will work in close partnership with the Business Insurance Segments, Actuarial, IT, Regulatory and Underwriting units to drive a long-term product strategy and ensure current and future requirements are met. This role supports key strategic and operational functions pertaining to the assigned line of business, including strategic product development and support, market research and analysis, and product maintenance, delivery, and compliance. This job may or may not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- In partnership with key functional areas, support product related efforts in relation to design, development, pricing, filing, RQI system installation, and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with governing laws, regulations and statutes.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g. Underwriting, Actuarial, Legal, Risk Control, Claim, Operations, Shared Services, IT) to ensure delivery of all related services that support product development, installation and implementation.
- Ensure innovation, modularity, and simplicity in design to maximize product extensibility across BI.
- Lead and manage successful transition from design to implementation to optimize resource allocation, compliance, budget effectiveness and business risk.
- Provide support to the field for both routine and ad hoc requests relating to policy language, manuscript drafting, competitor form assessment, etc.
- Provide technical guidance, support and expertise ensuring effective product development and product maintenance.
- Work collaboratively with others on matters related to product, underwriting and compliance across Business Insurance, including, but not limited to: Business Units, Risk Control, Claim, Legal, Enterprise Underwriting, Actuarial, Audit, Shared Services, IT and Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 4 years of insurance experience with working knowledge and experience in product, underwriting or coverage required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 6 years of Business Insurance experience.
- Business Insurance forms/product development, claims or legal experience.
- Thorough understanding of Business Insurance products, systems, contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory environment and insurance financials.
- Advanced knowledge of Impromptu or similar query tool.
- Ability to collect data from data marts or willingness and ability to develop these skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Preferred: matriculation in CPCU, SCLA, IIA, or other recognized insurance designations (examples: ARM, CIC)
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Advanced leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of Business Insurance.
- Leading Self:
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate intent of product strategies, underwriting strategies, and inter-relationships with coverage.
- Advanced critical thinking and analysis skills to understand underwriting results, and competitor actions in order to recommend industry or state specific actions.
- Advanced ability to assess underwriting and financial results.
- Actively invests in improving own capabilities.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.