Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a Director, Digital Marketing and Audience Development to lead paid, owned, earned channel planning and paid media optimization across all channels. This position is responsible for driving customers, prospects, and independent agents to engage with our content while increasing preference and demand for Travelers across both commercial and personal lines of insurance.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing, the Director, Digital Marketing and Audience Development is responsible for media planning as well as launching media, testing, optimizing campaigns, and analyzing results for a specific set of commercial and personal lines audiences and/or lines of business. This position will also work closely with analytics teams to quantify the impact of our marketing efforts on business results. This includes understanding submissions, quotes and written business.
The Director will lead audience development across all internal and external channels, working collaboratively with business partners to identify, size and activate relevant (e.g. in appetite) audiences to help drive new business from prospects and agents while testing new customer segmentation opportunities for cross sell.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage execution of digital channel strategies that raise relevant awareness with target audiences, deepen engagement with valuable content and increase preference and demand for Travelers utilizing an appropriate mix of channels, marketing technologies and programs that drive positive business outcomes.
- Create and optimize media, targeting and channel mix to drive efficient campaign results in support of marketing strategies and business objectives to demonstrate the positive impact of marketing on business results using technology, personalization, segmentation and test-and-learn processes.
- Identify, size and activate relevant (e.g. in appetite) audiences across prospects, customers and agents externally, with a special focus on approaches that drive demand.
- Partner internally with relevant teams to size and target internal segments as appropriate to support profitable business retention and cross sell.
- Understand, source and assist in defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with the Analytics team to measure content and campaign performance and identify efforts for improving engagement, acquisition and/or retention.
- Manage and deploy digital marketing campaigns using in-house and vendor-supplied campaign management tools.
- Work collaboratively with business partners to understand their goals and make recommendations on digital channel strategies to address those goals via digital channels, including but not limited to digital advertising, social, email, mobile and web content.
- Build and lead capabilities and centers of excellence to evangelize best practices and drive the development of best-in-class marketing programs across business lines and the enterprise, utilizing internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with business leaders, technology and data teams and other marketing disciplines (e.g. research, advertising, communications, etc.) on more complex programs and initiatives.
- Assist in guiding external vendor relationships (e.g. agencies, technology vendors, consultants).
- Develop marketing forecasts, including benefits and costs, in partnership with Analytics and Finance teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Thorough knowledge of digital media concepts.
Thorough knowledge of data-driven content marketing.
General knowledge on how to research and target wants/needs of various audiences.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related field or equivalent experience preferred.
6 years of digital marketing experience preferred.
2 years of previous leadership experience preferred, either direct or indirect.
Experience in insurance and/or financial services desirable.
Advanced experience with at least one digital marketing channel or area of expertise, typically 2 or more, and thorough knowledge of data-driven content marketing.
Intermediate knowledge on how to research and target wants/needs of various audiences.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Highly collaborative work style and ability to demonstrate credibility to other functions through strong communications and project management skills when leading teams, whether internal to the department or cross functional.
An analytical and creative thinker who comes up with solutions 'outside the box' when presented with novel or complex challenges.
Technically astute when it comes to working with marketing technology and data, with a solid understanding of the digital advertising landscape.
Strong bias toward action, results-oriented and persistent, with the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level in a matrixed environment.
Proven ability to set campaign goals, translate analytics to key learnings that clearly articulate progress against those goals and determine next steps.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.