Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Travelers Catastrophe Risk Management group is seeking a Consultant to join our team. You will be joining a group of dedicated professionals charged with leading Travelers to be in position to successfully endure catastrophic loss from natural and man-made perils.
The Catastrophe Risk Management team is responsible for state-of-the-art analytics related to natural and man-made hazards. The team uses cutting edge tools, quantitative methods, and technologies to evaluate risk. We engage in Enterprise-wide multi-disciplinary catastrophe research projects with various depths of focus.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking a candidate with a solid analytical base and a keen interest in research and development. The position requires an individual who can succeed in a collaborative, innovation-driven environment, in tune with business needs and deadlines. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop working knowledge of catastrophe models and other research tools to quantify Travelers' exposure to natural (i.e. Hurricane, Earthquake) and man-made disasters (i.e. Cyber).
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Gathers data and analyzes trends and results for reporting.
- Present analysis and recommendation to team members and manager.
- Stay abreast of scientific research and available 3rd party data to quantify risk.
- Provide support to business partners in responding to internal and external requests.
- Evaluate Insurance policy coverages and interpret impact to catastrophe results.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 1 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
- Related internship or prior work-related experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- 1 year relevant analytics experience required
- Bachelor's Level Degree Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Business preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Access and advanced Excel (preferably with VBA). SQL experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and research skills, dealing with issues that are not readily defined
- Self-motivated with ability to self-organize and drive analyses independently.
- Basic knowledge of geospatial technologies is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Catastrophe Probabilistic Models is a plus
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.