Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic team player to join the Strategic Resolution Group within Travelers Claim organization. Under moderate supervision, you will partner with claim professionals, the operations team and leadership to research, develop, analyze and summarize important business information, which is used to resolve complex toxic tort, latent injury, sexual misconduct, environmental and/or excess claims. You may also participate in a variety of other projects and tasks. This job does not lead others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employees in this position are part of a training or development program that may require up to a six-month waiting period before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to five days in the office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
Legal Bill Review / Financial Requests:
- Assist claim professionals by reviewing legal bills for compliance with billing guidelines and approved billing rates.
- Communicate with internal and outside billing contacts regarding billing questions, deductions or concerns.
- Ensure that sufficient estimates are available and/or maintained as invoices are approved for payment.
- Prepare financial request documentation in accordance with SRG Financial Standards Manual.
- Data and Information Management: Utilize all applicable systems and databases for research, data entry, workflow management and reporting.
- Research and compile information from additional sources as needed (pleadings, releases, medical records, other claim files, corporate history documentation, websites, outside parties, etc.).
- Assist claim professionals with Medicare reporting obligations, information accuracy and proper file documentation.
- Input, analyze and summarize data within claim systems, spreadsheets or other reports, and share observations.
- May assist with the completion of various forms for data entry and file set-up and closing, including information accuracy.
Policy Research and Completion:
- Research policy information in various databases and document management facilities. With a basic to intermediate understanding of the SRG archived databases, the facts and circumstances of the underlying matter, and with direction from a claim professional and/or Sr. Analyst, tailor searches to be thorough and complete.
- Request and complete policies by identifying and adding missing forms and endorsements.
- May issue claim and expense payments and credits as requested by claim professionals or SRG leadership.
Financial Standards Manual:
- May assume responsibilities such as managing manual check stock, manual check signing, handling cash receipts, and investigating, documenting and correcting issues identified in certain financial and operational reports.
General Administrative Support:
- Account and file maintenance, word processing, data entry, scanning, copying, and shipping and retrieving files from storage facilities.
- Completes short-term and long-term projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED with one year of business-related experience.
- Experience utilizing computer technology such as Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, Windows File Explorer, Foxit and database software.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Experience in Property Casualty claims or in the paralegal field.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to partner with others
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas clearly
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Judgment/Decision Making Skills
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Solid typing skills to enter and search for data
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequently)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Occasionally)
- Lifting items up to (21-35) lbs. pounds/ (Occasionally)
- Climbing unprotected heights (ladder, rooftop, stairs, loading dock) (Occasionally)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.