Claims Adjuster - Tampa, FL
6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
As a claims adjuster, you deliver on our promise to resolve claims. You are a source of knowledge and comfort during difficult times. Whether faced with the destructive aftermath of a natural disaster or the responsibility to provide income to injured employees, you help clients through the claims process. You also support them as they rebuild their businesses and resume their lives. Federated provides a defined training program to teach you the fundamentals of commercial claims and prepare you to serve clients.Responsibilities
- Work with clients, physicians, attorneys, contractors and others to ensure claims are resolved in a prompt, fair and courteous way.
- Explain policy coverage to clients and third parties.
- Gather evidence and document facts relating to claims.
- Determine the value of damaged items.
- Negotiate settlements with clients or third parties.
- Resolve claims, which may include paying, setline, or denying claims, defending policyholders in court, compromising, or recovering outstanding dollars.
- A four-year degree in a business-related field or equivalent business-related experience
- Prefer two years customer service experience
- Strong analytical, computer and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills