Our client is a 100+ year old company that has built and grown their middle market business in the last several years to be a key player with Tier 2 brokers across the country. Their vision is to “return the pen to the underwriters in the field”. We are looking for an Inland Marine Underwriter to join their team.
Title: Inland Marine Underwriter
Location: Central Region
Overview: The Inland Marine Underwriter will handle an Inland Marine book of business that is heavily builder's risk but also includes motor truck cargo, contractor's equipment, etc. This position is a start-up role and the individual in this role will have relationships already established for Inland Marine. The Underwriter will report to the VP of Inland Marine Underwriting.
- Meets profitability, retention, and written premium goals determined by the department.
- Independently makes decisions within underwriting letter of authority and maintains proper file documentation.
- Assists in the development annual business goals for assigned agents/producers.
- Responsible for analyzing results and maintaining accountability of agency partners within the department.
- Maintains awareness of market trends and identifies emerging threats to the department.
- Participates in training and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years Underwriting in Property and Casualty insurance with much of that experience being in commercial Inland Marine business.
- CRIS, AMIM, or CPCU preferred.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Pay: Executive Underwriter position. Contact Recruiter for More Info.