Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete advanced software end to end engineering tasks that span many parts of a system including designing, developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system specifications. Individual will also consult with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, manage the effective use of resources, act as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies, leverage technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives, participate in the design/ development process, and provide technical leadership.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform complex analysis, advanced level design, configuration and develop functions for impactful and high-visibility tasks.
- Take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with team goals.
- Deliver efforts both independently and by leading other team members.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Act as a technology advocate, independently seeking opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned efforts.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Ownership of DevOps capabilities (CI, CD, Monitoring, and Health Checks) across multiple enterprise systems (Salesforce, MuleSoft, Talend).
- Guide the scrum teams to adopt CI/CD Pipelines, continuously improving the automations based on the feedback received from scrum teams.
- Lead offshore/nearshore DevOps team members supporting multiple work streams working in agile scrum model
- Forward Plan the release windows, testing cycles and critical milestone cut off dates across the portfolio
- Coordinate the release schedule including neighbor dependencies, product and defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Work with engineers and neighboring teams for environment and infrastructure setup plan for development, testing and training
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in SAFe PI planning sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Understanding of Salesforce environment types, Salesforce planned upgrade release schedules preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce deployments with an understanding of how Salesforce developments/deployments differ from traditional programming languages preferred.
- Previous experience with AutoRabit preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience working with distributed cross-functional/cross-organizational stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Previous release and/or project management experience
- 6-8 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Experience with GIT based source control management systems and branchng strategies
- Delivery - Advanced delivery skills including the ability to determine the software design strategy and methodology to be used for efforts, use automated tests, analysis, and informed feedback loops to ensure the quality and production readiness of work before release, monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objective and closely follow industry trends relevant to domain, understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems, reflects on solutions, measuring their impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize. Also adept at making decisions that involve a significant number of factors with broad implications.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, collaborate effectively with teammates and others regardless of role, quickly extract core issues from discussions and meetings, give and receive constructive feedback, offer help when asked, and ensure everyone has a chance to share their thoughts and are heard; an attentive and empathetic listener.
- Leadership - Advanced leadership skills with the ability to take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.