Located in sunny San Diego, ICW Group is recognized nationally as an industry leader. The Senior Market Research Analyst will play an important role in driving strategic decision making by integrating a complete understanding of primary and secondary research techniques, marketing insights, and an understanding of the broader business context. You will be responsible for managing and executing all aspects of custom research projects, start to finish, and developing strategic insights that drive informed decision making.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about solving problems and looking through large amounts of data and able to identify relevant, meaningful, and useful insights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for research studies involving multivariate analysis.
- Leads cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into research objectives and select the most appropriate research and statistical techniques to meet business objectives.
- Designs, programs, and implements Max Diff research to assess the relative value of features/services to support new product offerings such as online customer portals and ongoing customer technology needs assessments to support capital expenditures.
- Leads Total Unduplicated Reach and Frequency (TURF) analysis to identify the optimal combination of features/benefits in bundled product offerings to maximize agent/policyholder value.
- Conducts cluster analysis to identify benefits segments among agents and policyholders.
- Translates complex statistical data into succinct recommendations to facilitate business decision making.
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends research vendors used for data collection and/or statistical analysis. Manages all aspects of the relationship with research vendors.
Acts as a leader for new product development research initiatives, customer technology assessments, and team member information needs.
- Identifies, quantifies, and prioritizes customer needs specific to new distribution channels.
- Identifies and quantifies functional requirements, based on customer feedback, of technology solutions (e.g., customer portals, industry specific quote mgmt. systems, etc.).
- Identifies, centralizes, maintains, and validates market research and data contributing to opportunity analyses, market sizing, trend identification, market demand, target market selection, and best practices identification.
- Assesses team member information needs and identifies product/service solutions to meet these needs.
- Supports journey mapping and service blueprinting initiatives by capturing actional Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Observational Voice of the Customer (OVOC) for multiple segments (e.g., agents, policyholders, and injured workers).
- Acts as a strategic partner and advisor to leadership to determine corporate priorities for the brand.
Leads the development and implementation of continuous satisfaction tracking programs.
- Designs, implements, and manages programs to measure agent/policyholder satisfaction with line extensions and sales channel additions. This will include questionnaire design, questionnaire programming, Sales Force.com data integration, data tabulations, analysis, reporting, and dashboard development.
- Implements systems to measure satisfaction with new product/service launches. This will include one-time deep dive satisfaction measurements and continuous programs to track satisfaction and identify improvement opportunities for new offerings (e.g., HR On Demand, Safety On Demand, Nurse Triage, LeadGen).
- Implements systems to measure transactional satisfaction and obtain immediate service interaction feedback. Add listening posts that capture feedback across touchpoints with agents, policyholders, and injured workers (e.g., audit visits, safety visits, onboarding calls, claims examiners, online tools, and customer support calls).
- Benchmarks and assesses performance relative to competitors on messaging, marketing campaigns, visual identity, and other brand strategy elements.
Conducts research to support ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Researches regulatory or environmental changes and conducts carrier rating bureau assessments.
- Conducts customer persona research, interprets data, and makes recommendations. Conducts focus groups, in-depth interviews, and other qualitative initiatives.
- Prioritizes business process mapping requests and provides team member support.
- Gathers market data to forecast industry trends.
- Synthesizes and analyzes quantitative, qualitative, and third-party data to understand customer behavior, competitive positioning, marketing/campaign outcomes, audience insights and industry trends.
Leads data processing and quality control efforts.
- Assists in quality control efforts associated with survey design and Sales Force data integration.
- Conducts data validation and quality control efforts including evaluating the representativeness/reliability of survey samples, outlier identification, data weighting, and ad hoc measures to validate data integrity.
- Proactively identifies and implements quality control checks to measure data accuracy and integrity.
- Processes, codes/organizes data, synthesizes data, and performs descriptive and predictive analyses.
- Provides customer relationship, market targeting and segmentation expertise, as well as analytic support for the company's marketing and customer experience management activities.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, Business, Statistics, or related quantitative subject area.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading market research studies, from scoping, planning, executing, analysis, and reporting.
- Insurance industry and supplier experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional Researcher Certification (PRC) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Proficient in SPSS and Sawtooth software (Max Diff and Conjoint Applications). Experience with Survey Gizmo (Alchemer) a plus. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to understand business objectives and design surveys to discover customer preferences. Experience working with all types of data (survey, secondary, competitive, quantitative, and qualitative). Demonstrated ability to apply qualitative or quantitative business analysis while leveraging primary or secondary data. Ability to evaluate large amounts of data and identify relevant patterns and trends including dismissing stats that are anomalies or spurious relationships. Strong math and analytical skills required. Must be a superior storyteller that includes drafting compelling stories that communicate the customer experience and ground business strategy. Ability to identify key insights, simplify data, craft compelling data visualizations, communicate pertinent data points, and tell the data story in a custom-built succinct report. Experience creating visually appealing dashboards to report key insights. Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills - able to translate findings into substantial strategies. Ability to translate research findings into executive level presentations and recommendations. Experience working with business leaders to assess needs for marketing information; design and implement projects to achieve specific goals, identify process improvements and improve the customer experience. Possess a passion for working with and using data to solve problems. Excellent verbal communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.