PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to serve as the first point of contact to process new injuries reported by customers. This position exists to ensure that initial requests from customers are handled thoughtfully and thoroughly, while following Company standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides excellent customer service as the first point of contact for customers.
- Provides customer care and service to insureds.
- Answers all incoming inquiry calls directed by general switchboard.
- Receives/intakes new initial claim documentation either via phone, e-mail, or fax and enters into claim systems.
- Responds to insureds in a timely manner.
- Directs questions to the appropriate contact in the department.
Inputs new claims into claim system, creates paper file, and makes appropriate calls to parties as directed.
- Reviews insurance policy information to determine coverage.
- Completes data entry for all first reports of injury.
- Determines severity of injuries and advises the appropriate levels of staff timely.
- Performs additional functions such as processing incoming mail and other administrative duties relating to claims.
- Preforms special projects and related duties required or assigned as necessary at the discretion of management.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.