Human Resource Generalist
Gramercy Risk Management, is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to join our expanding company in Uniondale, New York. This position is designed to support the HR Directors’ position and to cross train on these duties. It is expected that the HR Generalist will quickly grow in this position and rapidly assume significant HR responsibilities.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to view the HR functions in context with the entire organization, along with strong time-management and relationship-building skills, and attention to detail. The preferred candidate will also possess some work experience and degree that is relevant to the position. At this time, we look to fill the position in our main office, with some remote capability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate human resources initiatives, including recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, compensation, benefits, training, absence management, and employee relations
- Maintains records and reports about personnel and related data such as running Payroll, processing new hires, maintaining PTO records, address changes and related interstate set-up, directing employees on Benefits and taxes, salary and title changes, etc.
- •Works with Payroll provider, Benefit broker, Health insurance companies, 401K TPA’s and other service providers- coordinates with Legal Dept and PEO on compliance issues, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating benefit renewal with Broker and management
- Maintaining Navigator, the employee benefit system
- Interceding as needed with Employee benefit claims
- Preparing and providing compliance information for 401K provider
- Ensure policies, procedures, and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals, and in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws
- Advise managers on HR policies and programs including employee relations issues
- Maintains and supports company training programs for managers and their teams
- Assists with the performance reviews process across, including periodic performance reviews and setting individual objectives, as established, or directed by management
- Supports a healthy office culture that promotes open, honest, and productive communication among staff
- Back up contact for employee compliance issues such as environmental or workplace harassment issues – may coordinate resolutions with Legal Dept and outsourced HR professionals (AphaStaff)
- Bachelor's Degree require
- HR experience; preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to anticipate potential problems
- Develops maintains a strong understanding of employment law
- Demonstrates a professional manner
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
GRAMERCY RISK MANAGEMENT
Gramercy Risk is a rapidly growing New York-based management company focused on providing insurance services for specialty classes of business. We take pride in our comprehensive and integrated approach to analyzing and managing risk. Gramercy has extensive in-house experience in the areas of claims and litigation management risk control and risk management, regulatory and compliance, underwriting, coverage analyses and business management.
The compensation package includes salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package, and generous PTO.
Apply for Human Resource Generalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly