Product Analyst-Commercial & Ag Insurance
This position is open to the following office locations: Monterey, CA, Roseville, CA, Reno, NV.
The primary focus of this position is to assist in the development and delivery of new and potential Commercial & Ag Lines products and services in all Capital Insurance Group licensed territories. This position performs research which includes legal and regulatory compliance issues; risk evaluation and exposure: profit potential; technical underwriting requirements and competencies along with product compatibility with existing Capital Insurance Group lines of business and services. This position is responsible for the development of forms; establishment of rates and underwriting guidelines. Also included in this assignment is the development of marketing and promotional materials for new and existing lines of business. This position works closely with the Company’s Actuarial and Compliance resources as well as the Systems and Technology organization to ensure an accurate delivery of the product or service to the marketplace. Other duties may be performed or assigned to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Identifies and performs research for new or potential commercial & Ag lines products and services through competitive market intelligence, agency plant feedback and business needs analysis. Evaluates regulatory and compliance environment as well as issues that may inhibit or enhance delivery of the product or service; performs research which includes risk analysis and profitability; reviews product compatibility in conjunction with existing reinsurance contracts and treaties.
- Responsible for the development of forms; rates; underwriting guidelines and reference manuals. Works directly with Actuarial and Compliance to ensure that all technical compliance issues including rate filings and forms meet regulatory requirements. Responsible for the development and maintenance of marketing materials for the introduction of new products and programs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of existing forms; rates; underwriting guidelines and reference manuals including the maintenance and update of marketing materials and information for existing products and programs as necessary
- Evaluates, recommends and provides technical guidance and direction regarding system changes or enhancements to fulfill technical and/or regulatory requirements, or, as necessary, changes to enhance business efficiency, customer support and customer “ease of doing business.” Recommends technology solutions to improve current programs as well as for the introduction of new products and programs. Works closely with the Sr. Commercial Lines Insurance Analysts.
- Evaluates underwriting competencies and technical need requirements to write and service a new or existing product or service. Responsible for the identification of knowledge and skill gaps and analysis of training requirements of the Commercial & Ag Lines Staff. Conducts surveys, interviews, and performs research from audits to identify and recommend training opportunities and solutions.
- Assists in the development of training programs for new employees, trainees, existing employees, and agents. Develops appropriate course materials, reference and guidelines, and establishes training schedules for the delivery of technical training.
- Evaluates and provides technical guidance and instructions related to underwriting referrals; operates within assigned levels of authority for the review and acceptance or rejection of referred risks. Communicates rationale supporting the selection or declination of the risk. May also recommend potential alternatives to moderate risk decisions.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Underwriting practices, procedures, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of insurance policies, coverage, rating, and procedures
- Basic functions and structure of insurance organizations
- Effective training and communication skills
- Proper English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
- Direct and/or perform difficult and highly complex technical work and data analyses
- Demonstrate effective management and organizational abilities
- Prioritize and manage multiple demands under the pressure of deadlines
- Effectively manage communication with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Present effective training sessions to individuals or groups
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work