PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to collaborate with designated lines of business and or departments to provide full-service enterprise procurement and vendor management services for specific commodity categories. This position exists to develop relationships with business and vendor contacts, and to ensure that all involved parties receive efficient and prompt service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contributes to effective procurement infrastructure to manage corporate spend across the enterprise, which aligns with business and technology initiatives.
- Follows procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines for the company; and suggests innovations to continuously improve strategic sourcing process.
- Utilizes RFx sourcing templates, procedures, and processes.
- Provides support to the organization for problems with vendor performance, products, and services.
- Creates and issue purchase orders for designated commodities.
- Supports Accounting with complex billing disputes.
- Performs ad hoc projects as requested by manager.
Creates effective relationships with internal customers related to the processes and benefits of effective procurement management.
- Builds effective relationships with business stakeholders, and designated commodity vendors.
- Prepares negotiation strategies and toolkits (of moderate complexity), using all four phases of the sourcing lifecycle (strategy, assessment, selection, contract, and performance management) for designated commodity categories.
- Supports stakeholder requests to prepare market analysis, or data related to procurement and vendor management as necessary.
Plans and executes procurement, strategic sourcing and vendor management activities and operations in compliance with corporate policies, applicable law, and effective cost management principles.
- Performs benchmarking analysis and develops and implements cost savings initiatives and commodity strategies for designated commodities.
- Performs complex procurement efforts and research, evaluate, and negotiate pricing and terms with vendors to obtain a low-risk outcome for the company.
- Manages relationships with designated suppliers, prospective vendors and other external constituencies involved in procurement programs.
- Prepares and manages data for benchmarking and reporting metrics.
Maintains current knowledge of trends and best practices for procurement profession and insurance industry.
- Tracks benchmark savings efforts.
- Prepares and updates company vendor diversity statements and procedures.
- Supports development of vendor management programs, such as vendor performance scorecards, key performance metrics (KPIs)Suggests and implements innovations to continuously improve processes.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 1-2 years procurement and contracting experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing strategic sourcing process for several commodity areas required.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Certifications in procurement and supply management preferred (Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM), Certified Procurement Professional (CPP), or Contract & Commercial Management (CCM) certification, or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)), and AWS Cloud Practitioner or similar.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement principles and techniques. Contracts negotiation experience. Experience with negotiating techniques and developing solutions to issues in a timely manner. Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a must. Must be able to conduct meetings and create presentations. Strong customer mindset, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to directly influence others. Ability to accept new ideas and embrace change. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. Must be capable of coordinating and organizing input from various channels, perform negotiation, resolve conflicts, and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.