Homeowners Property Claims Analyst
The Claims department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Homeowners Property Claims Analyst in our Raleigh, North Carolina, Alpharetta, Georgia, Naperville, Illinois, or Scottsdale Arizona locations. The Claims Analyst is responsible for investigating the extent of the company's liability and will be responsible for handling property claims that are limited to moderate in exposure, from inception until conclusion of the claim.
- Handles claims, limited to moderate in scope, relative to Homeowners property based on Claims Guidelines.
- Presents case to Sr. Management for reserving, trial, direction, as required by Claims Guidelines.
- Perform CAT duty as needed that will require occasionally working weekend hours, overnight hours, holiday hours (Federal and religious), etc.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data where answers can be readily obtained.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claims Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree with 2 years of relevant homeowners property claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 6+ years of relevant homeowners property claims experience.
- Homeowners claims adjusting or examining experience is a must
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends during CAT season, as necessary.
- Field adjusting experience preferred.
- Must have good estimating skills and be proficient with Xactimate.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel.
- Must have the ability to obtain claims adjuster license as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze date, utilize sound judgment to draw conclusion and make supported decisions.
- Knowledge of various property insurance coverages and forms.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now, or in the future.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.