Data Strategy Product Manager (Remote)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Department Overview
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, youll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of todays most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.Job Summary
The Lead Product Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of products and portfolio as they relate back to the larger department vision and objectives. The Lead Product Manager partners with the other Product Managers on strategic product vision, product discovery and roadmaps to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Lead Product Manager collaborates with key stakeholders to maintain and execute an integrated communication plan to support awareness and adoption for their product, as applicable. Connects other product owners to enterprise strategy and proactively engages others by identifying impacting enterprise initiatives. Helps guide enterprise strategy based on scale/scope of work performed.
The Date Lake/Data Warehouse Product Manager is responsible for decreasing the lead time to discover and consumer raw and standardized data for analytic use cases. To tap into the power of Allstatesinternaldataand external data, the data platform and products managed by the PM needs to ensure data is easily discoverable, secured, scalable, fit for use and self-service by multiple critical users.The PM will be responsible for establishing MVPs and moving the product through its maturity lifecycle and adapt to data customers feedback.
- Be customer obsessed.Able to empathize successfully with different user types to reach successful product conclusions.
- Guides, drives and executes holistic product strategy for one or more products, in alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
- Communicatesclearlyproduct value and use casesto Businessand TechnicalStakeholders; writes & gives short presentations;Leads and facilitates business area processesgroup meetings.
- Proactively solves potential problems with other product teams,effectivelyinfluences the priorities of other squads/functions, Partners regularly withproduct users.
- Participates in larger strategic enterprise programs connected to assigned product.
- Defines Product success and Key Performance Indicators,supportsproduct execution across multiple product teams/SAFeTrains, Guides and manages KPIs to measure the success and to drive transparency into business outcomes and progress related to the overall product strategy.
- Able to build, Lead and Maintain successful team of PMs; collaborateon andpartner successfully with technology execution team.
- Lead, coach and manage a team with broad skill sets including Project Management, business analytics and performance, and customer experience
- This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Existing knowledge, expertise and capabilityin managing a med-complexproduct
- Solidunderstanding of productmanagement discovery and execution lifecycle experience
- Ability to use data to inform product features
- Ability to build and establish relationships necessary to influence future delivery and roadmaps, and to communicate complex and innovative concepts to stakeholders to influence decision making and buy-in
- Ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset by demonstrating awareness and understanding of the whole and of how the parts within are interdependent
- Ability to working in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience, and ability to learn from experiences and setbacks
- Ability to initiate a culture of customer experience by gaining alignment from leadership down to frontline employees on the customer first transformation mindset
Minimum base salary $91K. Target bonus eligible. Offer will be commensurate with experience and could be meaningfully higher than the minimum.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.