The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
A divisional leadership position responsible for managing multiple team leaders with accountability for varying work processes and/or an area of high complexity and regulation. Supports the achievement of division / department / enterprise goals and objectives, programs, policies, and procedures in a business area. Utilizes previous experience, knowledge and industry best practices to contribute to the development of functional strategy and/or the development of other leaders.
Lead People Resources
- Manages front-line exempt employees by providing appropriate direction, coordinating division activities, monitoring employee and division performance, and formulating and implementing action plans.
- Manages multiple processes and/or high complex or regulated processes.
- Assigns key responsibilities to managers and exempt employees
- Evaluate divisions business plans and new initiatives to make recommendations for the impact on staffing, resources and structure.
- Identifies impacted areas and implements action plans and goals for achieving optimum business results.
- Career counsels with leadership level employees, evaluates and administers employee performance management reviews.
- Reviews and approves salary administration, promotions and terminations.
- Monitors the overall hiring and staffing plans to ensure the effective use of available resources in order to achieve business unit objectives and goals.
- Assists in formulating, communicating, and implementing plan for business area.
- Monitors and implements the Companys Affirmative action goals for the selection, training, development and promotion of minority group members and women.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of business areas processes and best practices.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills to motivate employees, compose memos and reports, participate in process improvement, and facilitate resolution of problems.
- Effectively communicates with all stakeholders, division employees, customers, clients, and vendors to ensure quality delivery of customer service and expedient resolution of problems.
- Coordinates meetings to provide/obtain complex information regarding projects and work processes.
- Assists employees and leadership team in interpreting information received from business units or other departments and effectively link the communications to business unit and company objectives.
- Organize, support and promote an effective audit review process
- Analyze management information reports to determine progress to stated goals and objectives.
- Compose and write complex/detailed correspondence and reports (corporate programs, procedures).
Develop and Coordinate Workflow
- Establishes and communicates performance standards.
- Ensures performance is monitored through appropriate reviews.
- Utilizes management information and takes action to achieve goals.
- Review division practices to ensure consistency/adherence to policy and regulations.
- Contribute to the establishment of the departments performance standards and communicate standards to units of employees.
- Implement and monitor departments overall quality plan to ensure quality customer service is achieved.
- Monitor management reports to evaluate progress towards department goals.
- Communicate opportunity areas and recommend process changes in order to achieve goals.
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies, procedures, and reporting requirements by monitoring the quality process and implementing corrective action to ensure policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Gather/read job/industry related resource information from external/internal sources (books, periodicals, and manuals, professional data services) to make more informed decisions and benchmark best practices.
- Analyze measure and conduct trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the Divisions compliance with company policies, procedures and reporting requirements by monitoring the quality process and implementing corrective action to ensure policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Leads complex projects requiring the coordination of multiple resources.
- Documents and communicates the progress of projects to include key measurements and opportunity areas and risk assessments to leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Analyze data in order to benchmark for improvement and present findings to leadership team.
- Investigate/Research new technologies.
- Notify appropriate individuals of concerns/opportunities and make recommendations for solutions (equipment, services, schedules, due dates).
- Conducts cost/benefit analysis, evaluates results, and recommends best practice solutions.
Implements and Monitors Plan
- Plan and monitor department expenses. Communicate trend areas to ensure expense goals are met.
- Communicate departmental goals to employees and leadership team.
- Analyze management information reports to determine progress to stated goals and objectives.
- Communicate opportunity areas and recommend process changes in order to achieve department goals.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience. Master Degree/MBA preferred.
- Advanced leadership/management experience in a corporate environment or extensive industry experience and proven leadership skills
- 5+ years of experience
- Direct supervision and/or management experience required
- Knowledge of the functions, operation and mission of the specific department.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
Compensation range for this position is $80,000- $120,000per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.