Avail - Launch Manager
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to gowhether thats to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new citywhile helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
Weve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, youll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where youve been, were always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.Job Summary
The Launch Manager is responsible for leading initiatives aligned with the Avail programs overall strategic direction to achieve targeted results. This role focuses on Avails national expansion, planning and developing new locations from their bare-bones beginnings all the way to fully functioning operations. The Launch Manager coordinates all implementation efforts of standing up a new location, including site planning and development, hiring and training, marketing, procurement, and partnerships, among other activities. This individual works collaboratively across AORs and coordinates implementation efforts as the business owner, monitors results to ensure initiatives achieve intended outcomes, and identifies opportunities to enhance the programs design and/or customer experience. Responsible for planning, developing and executing process improvements for the department. Responsible for data analytics, workflow enhancement, and the development of strategies and objectives. This position may indirectly manage lower-level consultants and analysts in accomplishing this work.Key Responsibilities
- Manages complex, cross-functional project execution, responsible for anything necessary to launch new markets successfully
- Oversees, directs and evaluates direct leaders and indirect reports to ensure department goals are met in a productive, quality and timely manner
- Continuously strategize, develop, and execute process improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Coach and develop local management personnel
- Facilitates field operations staff hiring, on-boarding, and training
- Proactively identifies opportunities for strategic growth and effectively weighs costs and benefits for strategic moves
- Subject Matter Expert to leadership, internal and external customers
- Assists in developing comprehensive framework for strategy execution and able to communicate strategy in a way that is digestible and persuasive
- Use quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify strategic opportunities across the business' footprint
This job does not have any supervisory experienceJob Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to align team performance for customer focus and success
- Technical professional knowledge and skills
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
Compensation range for this position is $78,000 - $100,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications
Thats the day to day, heres the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But youll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isnt a perfect match.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.