Senior Data Scientist - Fraud Center of Excellence (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, youll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of todays most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
At the Fraud Center of Excellence, our Data Science team is at the core of Allstate fraud detection and prevention initiatives. Not only do we leverage data, technology, analytic capabilities and business relationships to ensure business areas are equipped to detect and mitigate fraudulent activity, but we are passionate about how our solutions affect Allstate customers. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners and software engineers in development teams to create innovative products using data science, artificial intelligence and industry insights.
- Building machine learning models using a variety of techniques and tool sets to predict fraudulent activity.
- Working cross-functionally to identify business opportunities for data science, collecting appropriate labels for learning, establishing actionable metrics, and creating reusable model validations and risk mitigation.
- Communicating results to key stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner.
- Applying appropriate methodologies for the problem and validating the solution with the appropriate metrics.
- Establishing and following data science best practices including peer review, code review, documentation, coding standards, and ensuring reproducibility and compliance.
- Expanding your data science skillset through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques to level up our capabilities.
- Experience driving complex data science projects from ideation through to completion, typically gained through at least a few years of experience in a similar role
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or related discipline
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Scala, SQL, SAS etc.
- Ability to translate business problems into well-defined analytical problems
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision-making
- Nice To Have:
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or related discipline
- Experience with graph based modeling and deep learning
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.