Arity-Sr Product Owner (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.The Team
Looking to join a strong team with a vision to build the future of transportation? At Arity, achieving our goals requires a product manager eager to work in the trenches with the development team to solve tough problems and produce great results. Just as importantly, theyll need to collaborate regularly with our engineers, designers, customers, and stakeholders to understand what must be done and why. Were looking for a dynamic new teammate whos comfortable scoping out the use cases of a new API one moment, providing design critique the next, and finishing up by building out a roadmap around a new featureor has the willingness to learn these skills. Above all, an Arity product manager should possess insatiable curiosity and attention to detail. Want to join our team? Lets chat!The Role
We are looking for a collaborative and analytical Product Manager to drive not only our vision but one of the most exciting teams at Arity within our Insurance Segment. This role will work closely with data scientists and engineers on our agile scrum team to bring products to market that will revolutionize the way insurance companies use telematics data.
You must have a strong technical and analytical background and be able to think holistically about opportunities that our valuable data can be used to drive business value for insurance companies. You will be involved in continuing to shape the strategic product vision as well as manage product discovery, roadmaps and manage a Jira backlog to maximize the value that Arity delivers to the insurance industry through our telematics product suite.
What youll be doing
- Refine and execute product strategy for a complex product in our growing insurance product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to make decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Know your customer; invest significant time speaking with your current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for your engineering and UX team.
- Manage the product backlog, create an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Work cross functionally to collaborate on ideas, consumer research, KPI development and GTM strategies.
- 5+ years relevant insurance product, analytics or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience in Agile Scrum.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a product development team with proven experience in data-driven decision making
- Clear passion for telematics or insurance products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
- Experience in the insurance industry not required but a plus for this team; an understanding of the insurance marketplace, economic atmosphere, and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across multiple levels of leadership
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, finance, computer science or related business degree.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $96,500 - $174,600. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment