Sr UX Architect
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The User Experience organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization is comprised of UX Designers, Content Writers, Design Research and Usability Analysts, Creative Technologists and Visual Designers that come together to design delightful experiences.
User Experience (UX) Design is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
A User Experience Architect Lead Consultant is responsible for leading efforts in applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, industry design best practices and standards to create user interfaces for high complexity and strategic projects.Key Responsibilities
- Create estimates and project plans (related to user-centered design efforts) for high complexity and strategic projects.
- Review and validate accuracy of estimates.
- Plan and lead research initiatives to gather end-user requirements.
- Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of work models, user profiles user profiles and usability objectives, aligned with business goals.
- Lead analysis sessions and train others in appropriate techniques for performing user centered analysis.
- Plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user interface designs for complex or strategic projects.
- Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques and incorporates industry best practices.
- Lead others in use of appropriate techniques for conducting user interface design reviews and incorporates industry best practices.
- Promote importance of user-centered design activities and is able to influence stakeholders to insure execution.
- Create and provide formal education on user-centered design.
- Create user interface standards and influence all levels of leadership to promote standards adherence and governance.
MS in Human Computer Interaction preferred
- Bachelors degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.
- 7+ years as a UX designer in highly collaborative environments
- Experience with complex transactional business models
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Expert in MS office suite and design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illistrator and Axure
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS and the ability to produce prototypes is a plus
Compensation range for this position is $115,000 - $135,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.