Commercial Lines Placement Specialist III (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
A Placement Specialist role is to provide the submitting agent with an expanded market solution when Allstate does not have an available market. Theyre responsible for doing this within a timely manner and ensuring the accuracy of quotes provided based on the information in the submitted application. They are the liaison between the agency force and the expanded market carriers. After exhausting all efforts to place the risk with an admitted market, they advise the agent (if any) of non-admitted solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares quote proposals within the parameters of the standards set and within the agreed upon service level agreements and state regulations
- Identifies potential unprofitable and/or problem risks/accounts and agents
- Negotiates with carrier underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for the agents clients at the best price.
- Responsible for providing exceptional day-to-day new business consultation, service and support to agents in placing commercial lines business.
- Consults with agents regarding features, advantages and disadvantages of policies and coverages
- Uses independent judgment to evaluate risk eligibility against carrier appetite and guidelines to determine appropriate non-automation platform market feasibility.
- Effectively communicates additional information needs within carrier eligibility guidelines
- Meets daily performance standards while communicating with agents via phone and email
- Communicate with other internal business units via skype, MS Teams, phone, email and face to face
- Through daily interactions, trains and supports the agent on optimizing the automation platform.
- Assists team members to understand and apply basic process, procedures, and guidelines. Provides guidance and may assist in training junior staff but no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Assigned special projects from CL Manager.Communicates with agents via email and phone in a call center environment to answer questions and obtain insurance documentation for eligibility consideration
- 3+ years of Commercial Lines Insurance experience
- 2+ years of Underwriting/ Brokerage Carrier Placement experience
- Advanced Time Management & Decision-Making Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must pass Property and Casualty licensing during training period
- Property and Casualty License preferred
- Knowledge of P&C carrier underwriting and rating systems
- Knowledge of insurance industry rules, regulations and legal requirements
- Consultative sale skills, demonstrated ability to influence, teach and persuade agents to close a sale
- Relationship management - Negotiating and influencing ability to impact the decision of others
- Experience with Property Casualty multi-line rating and underwriting
- This person must be able to work M-F 9:30am - 6:00pm ET (central and eastern US) and M-F 8:30-5:00PST (western US)
Compensation range for this position is $47,000 - 55,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.