Commercial Lines Placement Specialist II (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Commercial Lines team acts as an intermediary between the agent and the insurance company, assisting the agent at multiple levels. The team markets risks to carrier partners on behalf of agents using a combination of automation and direct carrier placement. At different levels, sales skills and knowledge of risks and the insurance market are used to find and arrange suitable insurance policies and arrange coverage. The team acts in the interest of the agents and offers products from more than one insurer to provide the agents the best quotes available to them.
The Commercial Lines Analyst II is responsible for driving new business CL written premium results. The role is responsible for managing transactions beyond the automation platform using consultative sales skills to assist to field agent in closing the sale with their customer. The Analyst will negotiate with carrier underwriters and have a wide breadth of placement skills, experience and knowledge across CL lines of business (i.e. BOP, WC, Auto, and GL) and limited classes (i.e. lawn care/landscaping, janitorial, personal services and offices).
- Responsible for providing exceptional day-to-day new business consultation, service and support to agents
- Expert level of knowledge and understanding of programs, products and processes to explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies and coverage should the agent choose to request this information and assistance from the Placement team
- Meets new business written premium objective by assisting field agents to sell through consultative sales approach to close the sale
- Uses independent judgment to evaluate risk eligibility against carrier appetite and guidelines to determine appropriate non-automation platform market feasibility
- Negotiates with carrier underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for the agents clients at the best price
- Educates agent on various commercial aspects of writing business, including but not limited to classes, policies features and commercial automation platforms
- Meets daily performance standards, communicating with agents via phone and email
- Through daily interactions, trains and supports the agent on optimizing the automation platform
- 2 to 3 years of placement experience in a distribution network
- Consultative sale skills, demonstrated ability to influence and persuade clients/agents to close a sale
- Results driven- demonstrated accountability for new business written premium targets
- Negotiating and influencing ability to impact the decision of others
- Relationship management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Internet proficiency
- Experience with Property Casualty multi-line rating and underwriting
- P&C license required
- High school diploma
- This person must be able to work M-F 9:30am - 6:00pm ET (central and eastern US) and M-F8:30-5:00PST (western US)
Compensation range for this position is $42,000 - 50,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.