Senior Business Analytics Consultant (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Department Description
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) department leverages data and analytics to help the enterprise make data driven decisions that improve business processes, create great customer experiences, and deliver on our corporate priorities. D3 is responsible for supporting business units across the Allstate Family of Companies (AFC) with a broad portfolio of data, research, and analytical products and solutions. A fast-growing team of highly skilled professionals, D3 provides a unique learning environment through formal training curriculum, mentoring, coaching, challenging hands-on assignments, and a collaborative culture as we develop the analytical experts and leaders of tomorrow.
As part of the analytics Portfolio & Operations Management (POM) organization in D3, Business Analytics Consultants (BACs) use a mix of business consulting, technical, and solution implementation skills to help
D3 deliver on our commitments. In a highly technical environment, we are relied upon to provide business, communication, and project execution expertise to bridge the gap between business problems and technical (both data and analytic) solutions. Our mission is to maximize (and accelerate) the business value of data & analytics while developing the leaders of tomorrow.
The D3 BAC Sr. Consultant II position is a lead consultant position that will use business and technical acumen to support the development of data and analytical processes, solutions, and products in alignment with a business or data platform focused area. The Sr. Consultant II is responsible for clear communication among stakeholders and ensuring project(s)/product(s) are fulfilling all agreed upon criteria when delivered. the BAC will be exposed to the ins and outs of developing data strategies and products for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies. The Sr. Consultant II will also assist in the management of the overall portfolio of analytics projects aligned to the assigned areas strategy. Additionally, the Sr. Consultant II will assist in supporting the area leader in management of the Data Science team.
BACs work alongside D3, business, and technology stakeholders as integrators and translators, helping the department effectively, efficiently, and consistently implement work across the enterprise. Through a set of core pillars strategic consulting, delivery expertise, and leadership they transform core data and analytics products into whole products that improve business operations and drive measurable results.
Strategic Consulting - Aligning data, analytics, technology, and business objectives and outcomes
- Leverage knowledge of data, analytics and business acumen to align D3 efforts with stakeholder priorities and goals.Understand business objectives, processes, and drivers and is an active participant in strategic discussions to gather requirements, clarify scope, prioritize deliverables and document other functional or technical requirements.
- Serve as customer success managers by creating an understanding of the perfect customer lifecycle and facilitating interventions at critical moments in the relationship. Prepare communications and deliver business reviews to key stakeholders regarding progress and roadblocks.
- Orchestrate portfolio administration and reporting to ensure roadmaps and scorecards accurately reflect work progress, interdependencies and interface with other departmental functions to present a consistent, comprehensive portfolio view.
- Support and influence value quantification, prioritization and resource decisions.
- Establish agile framework, provide coaching, scrum support and manage ceremonies to ensure consistent updates and feedback loop on projects.
Delivery Expertise - Accelerating development and implementation of sustainable, scalable solutions
- Work alongside data science teams to support modeling and advanced analytics through data querying, preparation, and manipulation.
- Maintain relationships with other technical areas and be the go-to contact for managing interdependencies.
- Build and maintain metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions. Create visualization and dashboard design (i.e. Tableau) to measure success and influence operational practices for reporting to enable the team to scale.
Leadership - Developing versatile future leaders
- Contribute to a future leader pipeline within POM and across D3. Continually develop self and others through new experiences, training and feedback.
- Influence across and above through establishing credibility,active listeningand collaborating with the team.
- Manage individual contributors by providing development, coaching, and shaping assignments.
- Bachelors degree required. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus
- 3-5 years of related analytics, consulting, project management, or equivalent experience
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills and effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques
- Inspires trust among peers and business clients and leverages business acumen to gain strategic alignment and move work forward
- Adapts tactics to support changing strategies and direction; aids in prioritization of efforts, planning and managing timelines to drive work to completion
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau is nice to have
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.