The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
At Allstate,Art Directors and Copywriters are conceptual thinkers who are also passionate practitioners of the crafts of copy, design, and art direction. From idea conception, through final execution,you will apply business knowledge, data, and consumer insights to solutions that deliver results.You will be responsible for successfully supporting multiple aspects of an ad campaign or communication program, across all media: from print to film, digital, social, activations, etc.Art Directors and Copywriters stay current and savvy to trends in advertising and design, as well as culture in general, to deliver solutions that are on brand, and culturally relevant. Art Directors and Copywriters at Allstate are fierce champions of the brand, leveraging their craft to help to shape the future of one of America's most trusted and recognized brands.
- Responsible for delivering copywriting work that is aligned to strategy and brand at consistently high levels
- Delivers conceptual work while bringing strategy to life in fresh and unexpected ways, and is ready and able to go beyond the brief
- Build business knowledge and partnerships; makes it their business to know the business and the category
- Develops clear, concise, insight driven ideas to bring forward to the business
- Build and maintain relationships; has a respectful and partnering relationship with all teams within the group account, strategy, project management, design, studio production, photography, retouching, digital, social, etc.
- Partnership with Account Management, Strategy and Insights, and Project management
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; May also have advanced degree
- 2+ years Industry Experience
- Agency Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced level of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Advanced creative and conceptual vision, with the ability to approach every assignment with a fresh perspective and tone of voice
- Portfolio that demonstrates conceptual writing and creative ability
- Advanced knowledge of print, broadcast/video and digital production process and be skilled in providing direction and driving to project completion
- Possess solid communication, software proficiency and presentation skills
- Project Management; meets all deadlines with work that consistently exceeds expectations
- Collaborate with other creative team members, photographers, production and set designers
- Regular contact with our key business partners (Marketing and Product Development Teams) Internal and External Relationships
This position will be ahybridrole- working from home with the ability to report into the Chicago office 2-3 times per week.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.