Director, Shared Services Design - Voice & Telephony
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
The Leadership Function is reserved for individuals who develop claims strategy including Voice/Telephony, administer quality management initiatives, and administer change management initiatives. Home Office Leadership is responsible for providing administrative guidance and support, and overseeing projects and initiatives that assist Field Claims leadership in establishing and outperforming their strategic goals and objectives.Job Summary
This director-level leadership role is responsible for organizing and directing the activities of the assigned Home Office function and field discipline area to assist them in their objectives of outperforming the competition in customer service, severity and expense ratios, and to support the Company's growth goals. The individual leverages in-depth subject matter expertise and external industry relationships and business acumen to provide advanced guidance and support in areas of enterprise-wide functional strategy, claims policies, practices and procedures, employee development and training, and claim mechanization.Key Responsibilities
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
- Understands how telephony drives the customer experience by streamlining call routing to get customers to the right employee efficiently and effectively
- Works with other areas across the Enterprise to understand how Voice/Telephony impacts Digital/non-voice channels
Field Operations and Oversight
- Partners with field leadership within assigned discipline area to establish and achieve company goals and objectives
- Advises and counsels field leadership on analysis of trends, alternatives and risk factors of changing claim environments by state and territory and mechanized claim systems, and recommends programmatic and system changes to address company growth and profit projections
- Oversees the preparation and design of cost/benefit and feasibility analyses, and identifies, reviews, and clarifies the need for new or modified systems, programs, policies or procedures
- Functions as an advanced resource to both claims and territorial management staff in evaluating the effectiveness of overall claim results
- Oversees the analysis of enacted laws and regulations and develops and communicates appropriate procedures for compliance
- Defines and establishes processes and procedures to monitor field compliance with laws and regulations
- Defines and establishes functional budgets, operational plans, and performance requirements
- Leads and participates in strategy sessions, idea generation and feedback sessions and responsible for aggressive but attainable long-range objectives in assigned area of responsibility
- Partners with leaders across Claims and with the Enterprise Voice/Telephony teams to address Voice and Telephony needs for Claims
- Designs and implements the Claims Voice and Telephony Strategy by understanding Industry Best Practices and emerging technologies
- Design oversight for additional AORs
- Special projects as assigned by Claims Officers
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
- Reviews employee work quality and interactions with customers through conducting ride-alongs or sit-alongs and file reviews
- Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Participates in checkpoints, goal setting, and PDS's
- Completes performance corrective action plans and coaches employees on performance or behavior opportunities
- Interviews potential employees
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Telephony/Voice background preferred
- Subject Matter Expert
- Interactive Voice Response
- Call Recording and Transciption
- Natural Language Processing( NLP)
- Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Advanced knowledge of speech analytic applications
- Identification and Authentication
- Caller Intents
- Call Deflection
- Advanced knowledge of Voice related Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Advanced knowledge of current Voice related technology and vendors
- Nuance, Azure, Verint, Nice, Twyla
- General knowledge of emerging technologies related to Voice
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.