Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PRODUCT ANALYST do at GAINSCO?
- Assist the Sr. Product Managers to drive the successful development of new products and the effective management and enhancement of existing products by making recommendations, based on analysis and research, regarding product design, pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, claims, and other processes.
- Ensure overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing premium rates, loss experience, and retention and providing summaries of analysis to Sr. Product Managers to assist in the decision making process.
- In conjunction with Corporate and Regional Product departments, develop state profit and growth strategies and translate business ideas and market opportunities into new product ideas by researching and maintaining awareness of all major competitors' current market positions (i.e. rates, service levels, financial positions and operating strategies), business directions, financial dynamics, and new technologies.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by researching and maintaining awareness of existing state and federal statutes, as well as new legislation; includes state filings, licensing, consumer complaint resolution, assessments; market conduct examinations, audits, and DMV report.
- Prepare filings and ensure accuracy and completeness of all state filings (including rates, forms, and underwriting guidelines) in order to obtain approval from the Department of Insurance by working with regional Sr. Product Managers and actuarial staff to submit
- Identify key levers and priorities for large amounts of information by applying critical thinking skills to the analysis of internal and external data.
- Create business requirement documents detailing rate changes or other program changes to be used by the IT department to program/implement as requested. Communicate and coordinate requested changes to ensure proper implementation. Involves developing working relationships with Accounting, Actuarial, Claims, Customer Service and IT
- Actively test rate changes as well as other program changes to ensure programming has been completed per business requirements as defined by the Product Analyst, Sr. Product Manager, etc.
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree, with preference given to Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Math, Insurance or a related field of study.
- 2 or more years with current experience as a Product Analyst, preferably with personal auto insurance products.
- Current experience with pricing analysis and providing product change recommendations to Sr. Product Managers and Senior Management.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills used to make decision regarding the Product.
- Experience working with Product and Marketing departments for new state implementation; research and development of business requirements.
- Experience with submitting form and rate filings and responding to the DOI comments/objections.
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present summary of analytical work and ideas to Senior Management, other departments and staff;
- Ability to gather, extract, monitor, format and understand information and express ideas effectively at all levels of the organization; strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to balance quantitative analysis with competitor behaviors with the marketplace;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent analytical or quantitative aptitude; strong problem solving skills; MS Office skills with proficiency in Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, MapPoint, and Excel, including pivot tables. SAS experience preferred.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
- Regular attendance
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Clear opportunity for growth, additional responsibility and promotion.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.