Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE – LEVEL I do?
- Establishes proof of loss by studying documentation submitted; assembling additional information as required from outside sources such as claimant, witnesses, physician, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies; initiates investigation of liability disputes, as well as questionable claims
- Resolves claim by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefits due; initiating payment or composing denial letter
- Ensure legal compliance by following guidelines, company policies, and state and federal insurance regulations
What is required?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in Auto Insurance as a Claims Adjuster
- A valid State Adjuster License where required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Occasional weekend work may be required
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.