Assistant Director, Data Management (STP) Data Privacy
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The compensation for this role is dependent on experience and geographic location of candidate.
Data privacy regulations are increasing both in the US and across the globe. GRS needs a single voice to proactively manage our complex and growing requirements and associated processes.
- Coordinate with the Global Compliance & Ethics team, Product Owners, and Data Users to streamline the Privacy Impact Assessment process
- Stay on top of regulatory changes and prepare for changes as needed
- Build strategy for records management and develop a roadmap for record retention investments
- Manage and execute records management initiatives, prioritized in coordination with risk level and business user input
- Establish consistency and sustainability of data privacy and security and records management practices across GRS
- Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to insurance industry best practices for all lines of business, specifically focused on data privacy, security, and records retentions. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Independently works on highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise. Viewed as senior resource in given field for department and/or unit. Provides technical advice to lower level associates and other functional areas.
- Independently automates and strengthens data management controls for highly complex assignments and by building robust systems with an eye on the long-term and ongoing maintenance and support of the applications.
- With a comprehensive understanding of the principles of data privacy, security and records retention, implements data governance procedures and policies. Evaluate processes for gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Be able to influence decision makers on the outcome of an initiative based on its perceived value. Works with stakeholders to define metrics that are impactful for the business.
- Maintain close working relationship with data providers and partners, partnering with IT to collaborate on deliverables
- Helps drive cross-team design and development of sustainable data driven solutions that meet the needs of the business customers through technical leadership and mentoring.
- Design and develop solutions in partnership with IT architects to meet technical and business requirements of projects. Able to work with stakeholders to design and execute iterative solution testing to ensure desired product specifications are met.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate and build partnerships at all levels of the organization required.
- Familiarity with global privacy requirements (example GDPR and CCPA) required, experience applying these regulations preferred.
- Familiarity with process management required.
- 5 7 years of data management / project management / product owner or related experience.