Consultant, Advanced Analytics
Capacity and Forecasting team is looking for a team-member with strong analytical, technical, and consultative skills. The team is tasked with supporting Global Retail Markets Service and Claims organizations through capacity modeling, forecasting, and delivering optimized insights on key operational and strategic questions. May develop analytical tools used by others to do their jobs more effectively and guide decision-making while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business. Answers complex questions by synthesizing data from diverse sources. Queries data to conduct analyses or support the execution of advanced analyses; utilize quantitative techniques to solve business problems. Presents findings / recommendations which impact profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction.
In addition to the responsibilities below, you will:
- Develop and own a suite of capacity optimization models.
- Partner with stakeholders to jointly align on the design and trade-offs within the models.
- Bring the models into production, pivoting the business away from current state processes and mindsets.
- Conducts high complexity analysis for a particular business unit/function.
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- Utilizes more advanced statistical techniques to solve business problems.
- May regularly utilize, update and adapt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools.
- May develop analytic tools used by others to do their jobs more effectively and guide decision-making.
- Answers complex questions by synthesizing data from diverse sources.
- Manages one or more complex research projects.
- Presents findings / recommendations which impact profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction.
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 5 years, typically 7 or more years, of related experience required; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field are preferred fields of study.
- Master's Degree preferred; advanced education may be substituted for years of experience (Ph.D. with no professional experience).
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools and business drivers.
- Ability to apply advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes.
- Ability to build analytic tools that will be used by business teams to analyze results and opportunities.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS, Emblem).
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to present data, visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.