Data Solutions Analyst
The compensation for this role is dependent on experience and geographic location of candidate.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) is seeking a data enthusiast to join a team working to improve the cross-GRS data landscape. We currently have teams focused on market level data, but have a need to invest more in GRS-level data resources. This position will be part of a team partnering with IT to build datamarts inclusive of all GRS segments and delivering data products to stakeholders across the organization. Reporting into the GRS Data Office, this role is a great opportunity to join a growing team focused on a critical business need.
- Develops GRS-level datasets by leveraging market team data and supplemental data as needed.
- Partners strongly with IT developers as part of a single agile team, and engage in multiple functions as needed (requirements, prototyping, coding, analysis, quality assurance, project/client management).
- Satisfies use cases for cross market data needs including Underwriting Strategy projects and comprehensive account profiles while iterating toward more efficient self-service datasets,
- Utilizes understanding of business operations and goals along with technical knowledge to meet evolving data needs.
- Leverages market team datasets and supplemental data as needed to develop GRS level datasets
- Strong partner with IT developers as a single agile team on those data solutions
- Satisfies use cases for cross market data needs like UW Strategy analytics and whole account profiles
- Iteratively moves to more efficient self serve GRS datasets
- Provides, builds, and maintains prototype data solutions to meet the needs of the enterprise. Supplies coding proof-of-concepts for IT and helps ensure those solutions can be scaled appropriately. Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills.
- Under limited direction, prototypes data solutions of high complexity to meet the needs of the organization and business customers
- Designs proof-of-concept solutions utilizing an advanced understanding of multiple coding languages to meet technical and business requirements, with an ability to perform iterative solution testing to ensure specifications are met. Acts as a technical guide and mentor for lower-level associates.
- Designs and develops data solutions that enable effective self-service data consumption and can describe their value to the customer. Assists stakeholders in defining metrics that are impactful to the business. Prioritizes efforts based on customer value.
- Has a strong understanding of Agile techniques. Can set expectations for deliverables of high complexity. Works with IT to help scale prototypes.
- Maintains proof-of-concepts and prototype solutions, and handles any assessment of their viability and scalability, with partnership from IT. Working with IT, assists in building robust systems focusing on long-term and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Ensure data solutions include deliverables required to achieve high quality data.
- Displays a basic understanding of complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems, and applies principles of metadata, lineage, business definitions, compliance, and data security to project work.
- Demonstrates an understanding of new technologies as needed to progress initiatives
- Typically, 2-4 years of strong experience with data manipulation tools and techniques. Experience writing SQL queries of moderate or higher complexity preferred.
- Understanding of a variety of data management concepts, such as data warehousing, logical data modeling, ETL, and MDM.
- Comfortable assessing data and processes from limited documentation and recommending improvements to reinforce data quality and integrity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Experience explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences is a plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.