Product Owner I - Cybersecurity
Product Owner I, Cyber Security
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This role will work in the Liberty Mutual Threat Defense and Response's Vulnerability Management team using operational and agile methods to deliver key technology and services in direct alignment with business strategies.
Member of the Agile team, representing the voice of the customer and the organization through the delivery of business value. Works closely with stakeholders to define and prioritize features and stories, ensuring alignment with customer needs and organizational goals. Understands customers` problems in detail and ensures that the squad/team is working on the most valuable work. The Product Owner is the team member always communicating with stakeholders to ensure an aligned understanding of how the squad/team can provide the highest value to the customer through the lens of the product. Collaborates with squads/teams, technologies and architects in their portfolio to develop a deep understanding of the technologies and systems they support.
About this job:
- Contributes to the creation of product vision and alignment with strategic priorities with stakeholders.
- Communicates Threat & Vulnerability Management's product and portfolio vision to their squad/team and other squads/teams outside the Vulnerability Management portfolio/functional area.
- With the squad/team, contributes towards achieving assigned product KPIs. Manages product(s) with a low-medium degree of strategy, scope, and complexity.
- Owns and maintains the product backlog and is accountable for its contents, prioritization, and acceptance criteria. Accountable for clear, actionable user stories.
- Sets priorities and actively participates in squad/team quarterly planning. Sets expectations with stakeholders for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Participates in squad/team demos, retrospectives, and all other ceremonies.
- Works daily with the Agile working group clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs withdesired outcomes.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost of delay ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential changes to the product.
- Understands regulatory, compliance, and other industry constraints on the product and prioritizes accordingly. Negotiates with immediate squads/teams to ensure priorities are aligned in a portfolio.
- Collaboratively builds the squad/team product roadmap based on strategy and ongoing input from stakeholders. Communicates expected value and any changes in value to be delivered in each iteration (sprint, monthly, quarterly, etc.) based on the squad/team-determined capacity.
- Contributes in customer-driven design and usability testing. Ensures a well-positioned product through market & industry analysis.
- Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.).
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years direct experience with agile teams as well as 5 years in business, technology or consulting.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and IT project management.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Vulnerability Management general practices - both operations and technologies.
- Technical aptitude to understand vulnerability discovery, scanning and testing techniques.
- Knowledge of process improvement, and organizational change management.
- Knowledge of key business drivers of cybersecurity governance, risk, compliance, regulatory obligations, and data privacy legislations.
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Experience managing a suite of vendor products and applications.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.