Senior Data Engineer
Are you passionate about Data? Do you enjoy working with Python, ETL Frameworks, and BI Reporting? Are you intrigued by Investments and Finance?Doyou want to join an Innovative Team with astart-up mindset and fortune 100 stability? If Yes,there's a place at Liberty Mutual Investments for you!
About the job:
The Sr. Data Engineer will help build technology to enable Back Office Investment functions (trade flows, accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and automated batch scheduling workflows) for integration with the investments Accounting Book of Record. Knowledge of investment financial data to serve application integration to trading platform and reporting is strongly desired. Prior experience working on Agile scrum teams in a scaled framework is preferred.
- You will possess a hardworking can-do mindset with focus on the collective success of the scrum team to iteratively deliver high quality products to enable the investments business.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Subject Matter Experts and Development team to define and analyze user stories tracked in Jira.
- Collaborate in design, development and implementation of software solutions for LMI Tech using modern technology stack.
- Demonstrates solutions and articulates business value to LMI business partners at sprint showcases.
- Designs and builds data provisioning workflows/pipelines, physical data schemas, extracts, data transformations, and data integrations and/or designs using ETL and API microservices
- Actively participates in and often leads peer development and code reviews within each Agile sprint, with focus on test driven development and Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD).
- Mentors junior and new team members
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as professional Data Engineer.
- Expertise in SQL (Programming views, stored procedures, and functions).
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solution (PowerBI, Tableau etc.).
- Experience with Cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure etc.).
- Experience in Python (ETL tools- Pandas/NumPy, Python unit testing etc.).
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing, Dimensional Modeling (Kimball etc.), and Data Extraction Utilities.
- Experience with Financial Systems and reporting (Investments accounting/General Ledger).
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership
- Highly proficient in data engineering languages and tools, and strong proficiency in general programming languages and frameworks; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Experience in integrating large scale financial investment/ERP systems (SimCorp Dimension, Investment Management Warehouse or similar platform) is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience delivering data solutions via agile methodologies on AWS, S3, Athena, Snowflake, Snaplogic and Orchestration tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, and DevOps.
- Experience in Agile software development practices (story sizing, sprint planning, retrospectives).
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.