Manager, Actuary GRM Product Economics PL Economics
As the leader of the Specialty Property team within Specialty Economics you will provide full economic support and drive profitable growth across the $1.2B specialty property portfolio. The key responsibilities of this role are to manage all Actuarial rate indications, evaluate rate strategies, and provide other analytical support to drive profitable growth. This role will be involved in all aspects of pricing across the renter, condo, and landlord portfolios and partner closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization. This role will manage three talented individual contributors.
- Establish profitability targets and evaluates performance against those targets.
- Identifies drivers of performance and develops actionable rate and non-rate recommendations to drive profit improvement and growth.
- Synthesizes information from various groups to develop robust profitability views that reflect the latest opinions on experience, trends, and initiatives, etc.
- Advocate for Specialty Property throughout all levels of the organization and serve as a subject matter expert across the landlord, condo, and renter products.
- Builds effective stakeholder relationships to gain cross-functional consensus on recommended product strategies.
- Provides external filing support for Safeco Landlord rate as well as other new initiatives across all lines.
- Proactively identifies emerging issues and boldly communicates areas of concerns that need to be addressed by leadership across Product and other functions, including Actuarial, Finance, Claims and Distribution.
- Lead Specialty Property deep dives and other ad hoc analyses as necessary. Promotes analytics and Actuarial best practices to ensure the team produces high quality work.
- Manage and develop a team of 3 individual contributors.
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations desirable.
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) designation required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Must have exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of product offerings, business processes, product line systems, underwriting rules, pricing plans and databases. Expert understanding of insurance concepts and financial metrics.
- Demonstrated commitment to Liberty's Values, including a focus on continuous improvement and creating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.