Solutions Engineer, GRS Tech, Distribution & CRM
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
Reporting to the VP & Sr. Director, Technology Global Distribution & CRM Platforms, this role will lead all technology and engineering aspects of the ecosystem of digital products in the new Global Distribution, CRM, and Marketing Platforms team. This will include partnering with Delivery, Digital Product, and Experience peers to define the Platform's Vision, Mission, and Strategy. The scope of digital products will span the functional areas of Distribution, Customer Relationship Management, and Marketing, across all three segments in Global Risk Solutions North America, Surety, and Liberty Specialty Markets.
Over time, the responsibilities of this role will evolve, as the Global Platform matures from a defining/forming phase, to a delivery/performing phase. The focus will shift towards coaching, guiding, and mentoring broader team of engineers, both contractors and employees. This will include collaboration with peer Solutions Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, Delivery Leaders, and Engineers, to ensure the right technical solution is fit for purpose for the digital product and aligns to the Global Platform architecture strategy.
About the role:
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Oversees design reviews and frameworks.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project, or market.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred. Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.