Technical Assistant I - II
The GRS Medicare Compliance team is searching for a Technical Assistant to join its Citional Payment Unit. In this role, you will work in team aligned with casualty claims investigating and resolving Medicare liens. The candidate will interact with multiple parties--including claims case managers, plaintiff attorneys, Medicare vendors, and the recovery contractors for CMS. The right candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and committed to producing high-quality work product.
- Initiates conditional payment searches and requests final demands from the Medicare lien contractor.
- Data entry associated with conditional payment workflow. Specifically working within Share Point applications.
- Following established procedures and using standard templates, secures authorizations (if applicable) and insures access to online Medicare Secondary Recovery Portal.
- Accesses Medicare Secondary Recovery Portal to secure updates relative to conditional payments.
- Investigates claims via phone calls to the Medicare Recovery contractors.
- Assists Branch Offices in resolving Conditional Payment-related issues/questions.
- Participates in projects to improve team's ability to deliver service efficiently and effectively.
- Able to adapt to competing priorities, detail-oriented, execution-focused.
- Ability to follow/interpret procedures and effectively escalate issues/tasks.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills via the phone and electronic media.
- Solid organizational skills to manage work inventory within quality and time standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with and elicit cooperation from involved parties.
- Associate's Degree preferred, and one-three years of relevant experience in a customer service and/or administrative role.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing, ICD9 codes, or Social Security/Medicare policies preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.