Consultant, Product Research
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you looking for a position with the ability to leverage the resources of a Fortune 100 company to battle for the future of our place in the industry? Our Product Technology Solutions group within Global Retail Markets is seeking a Sr. Analyst or Consultant of Product Research to join their growing and highly visible group.
The Global Retail Markets Product Technology Solutions team manages the $600M Product Management budget with ambitious goals to drive down overall expense. In addition, it leads management and development of end to end technology solutions, technology and vendor pipeline management, testing, prototyping, and scaling of solutions or services to meet evolving customer needs and marketplace trends. Our mission is to help provide superior capabilities to power best in class customer experience while becoming laser efficient on expenses and data in order to compete as our industry evolves in the digital world.
The position is a hands-on role that will be heavily involved with top priorities of Global Retail Markets - driving down our expense ratio and improving profitability. You will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including managing vendors, finding and identifying new ways to lower expenses, identifying new data variables and sources, managing highly visible projects that lower expenses and help us pre-fill quote variables, and negotiating contracts to vertically integrate with our suppliers. The role will report to the Sr. Director of Expense & Data Solutions, and help drive the strategy, operation, and execution of Liberty's Product Technology Solutions team.
- Are a utility player and self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Are a great project manager and able to drive execution of highly visible projects.
- Are comfortable negotiating with vendors and service providers. Know what BATNA means. Understand anchoring. Are respectful yet fierce.
- Understand the impact of highly satisfied customers and work to turn everyone into a net promoter of the company. You're willing to roll up your sleeves to identify issues and find solutions to customer issues early, and do it with passion.
- Conduct complex analysis under ambiguity and uncertainty and find it fun.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Responsible for driving down expenses of $600M budget (e.g., S&UW, Telematics device costs etc.)
- Executes on highly visible projects identified to reduce overall Product expense (e.g., motor vehicle reports, home inspections, etc.)
- Identifies new data sources that can improve profitability, working with cross-functional teams to implement
- Identifies new ways to reduce expenses by understanding business cost drivers and organizational ability to adopt these strategies
- Develops cost-benefit analyses on related projects and presents findings to Senior Management
- Knows how to maximize the value of our intellectual property and pursues revenue sharing arrangements to monetize our efforts when opportune
- Manages Product vendor relationships to make sure we are continuously acquiring the best data at the lowest price
- Negotiates key deals with vendors (e.g., cloud platform infrastructure for next generation insurance offerings, consumer credit vendors, quote data pre-fill, revenue sharing partnerships.
If you possess exceptional teamwork and the communication skills necessary to collaborate with team members in product, marketing, sales, claims and customer experience we would love to speak with you.
- Under general direction, provides technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the SBU.
- Utilizes advanced predictive modeling and statistical techniques to solve business problems and makes recommendation on alternative courses of action.
- Builds advanced tools and queries for others to use.
- Manages projects of moderate complexity and duration.
- May lead vendor projects on select projects.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and answer advanced business questions.
- Builds advanced tools and queries for others to use.
- Performs the underlying analysis on projects important to the SBU.
- Provides recommendations on the appropriate tools and techniques to perform analysis.
- May lead aspects of special projects.
- Leads own workstreams on all projects. Manages low to moderate complexity projects including members within and outside team.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and understands market trends for a product line.
- Monitors and interprets developments.
- May conduct analysis to evaluate and implement vendor products.
- May lead certain vendor projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 4-6 year's relevant work experience. Preferably progressively more responsible experience within a financial services, customer and technology focused organization.
- Master's degree beneficial. Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills, and in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment is highly preferred.
- Experience managing projects highly preferred.