Wholesale Branch Executive, Midwest & South Central
As Wholesale Distribution Director (RDD), the candidate will work with our key brokers to represent the Global Risk Solutions (GRS) brand and all business segments within, including National Insurance and North America Specialty (inclusive of Ironshore US), for an assigned territory. Additionally, the candidate will partner with internal leadership from all segments across GRS to foster communication and partnership in how GRS approaches the market and drives ease of doing business for our broker partners.
- Clearly understand and communicate both the underwriting appetite and business strategy of all facets of GRS North America. This will include an in-depth knowledge of all National Insurance, North America Specialty, Liberty Specialty Markets segments.
- In alignment with overall GRS NA Programs strategy, work with members of the GRS NA Distribution group, business leaders, GRS NA Programs leadership and GRM (GLOBAL RETAIL MARKETS) to develop strategies that support GWP (Gross Written Premium), new business, submission, and retention targets.
- Drive collaboration internally, fostering an environment focused on shared GRS NA Programs' success. This will include focusing on the development and establishment of the GRS NA Programs binding facilities group.
- Maintain close relations with business leaders and underwriting org, keep communication channels clear to ensure alignment and keep executive management informed of areas of concern and/or opportunity.
- Foster strong relationships with agents, wholesale brokers, program administrators, managing general agents & underwriters and intermediaries.
- Structure and lead cross sell initiatives that align with regional growth plans and market opportunities.
- Prospect and develop new relationships with wholesale brokers, agents, program administrators, managing general agents & underwriters and intermediaries.
- Oversee the development of internal and external facing marketing communication plans, including communications and events.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIRED SKILLS
- 10+ Years of relevant Insurance Industry experience
- Marketing experience across various distribution platforms
- Strong relationships with senior leadership at key brokerages
- Strong understanding of product offerings and relationships with profit center leadership
- Business development/sales skills
- Leadership skills including ability to influence without authority, foster collaboration and build coalitions.
- Interpersonal/social skills including ability to foster trusted relationships.
- People management skills including ability to nurture professional growth & foster collaboration with GRS NA Programs team.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Travel required 50% - Ability to construct and execute a deliberate travel calendar aligned with GRS NA Programs marketing, communications, and business development plans. Includes ability to determine when video communications may be used in lieu of travel.
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute and drive results.
- Credibility as an ambassador for the company & brand; exhibits gravitas & executive presence.
- Communication skills honed to interact externally and internally with facility.
- Strong community representation that embodies the Liberty Mutual brand.
- Highly organized & able to manage workflows, tasks and metrics to achieve strategic objectives.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.