Sr Quality Assurance Analyst
This role will work in the Corporate Functions Global Finance Technology group using agile methods to deliver key technology in direct alignment with business strategies. We are looking to hire a Sr Quality Assurance analyst to join our agile team. We are in the midst of re-engineering and moving toward a modern General Ledger. The candidate will be working with the team to support the current General Ledger systems and will be involved with the conversion from GEAC to OneGL (SAP).
Analyzes, designs new or modified Quality Assurance (QA) procedures and standards and assists in the development and implementation of QA metrics for assessing the quality of delivered application software. Consults with client and IT management and staff throughout the project life cycle, to assist and support the design, development and implementation of effective systems. Receives limited supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of QA while working on own most of the time. Analyzes complex technical system problems. Leads QA effort for projects and coordinates rollouts. May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
- Applies technical, business and QA discipline expertise to ensure test coverage of business and system requirements of all complexity levels.
- Responsible for the development of risk-based test strategies / plans, test cases, managing defects and reporting status through the development lifecycle and identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Leads the preparation and execution of system integration, functional, end-2-end, component, regression, and acceptance testing of new or modified applications/systems.
- Based on complex risk assessment and testing progress provides guidance on release of software into the business environment.
- Designs content of automated test suite leveraging automation technology to streamline test execution. Participate in the review of new QA software and consults with IT staff and client areas in resolving questions during the testing process.
- Provides guidance in the selection of project structure/methodology, work schedules, cost estimates and responsible for managing QA effort to defined plan. Lead or participate in a variety of quality assurance reviews of business requirements, system design and user acceptance test.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience. Generally, 5+ years of professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations.
- Extensive knowledge of design and testing tools. Extensive knowledge of quality assurance best practices and testing techniques. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills. Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.