Solutions Engineer, Data
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Our Data teams are at the forefront of that transformation. As part of Global Risk Solutions, the worldwide commercial and specialty lines business segment within Liberty Mutual, we create and deliver the analytic data architectures and capabilities enabling our business colleagues to explore, experiment and develop advanced analytic models.
If terms like event-based, serverless, cloud-native, and data lake resonate with and pique your interest, you will want to take a look at what we are doing.
The Data team's AWS cloud journey is well underway, and we are looking for a passionate technology leader to join our Agile Lean teams. As a thought leader about all things data, who enjoys a hands-on approach, and values knowledge sharing and influencing othersfrom intern to executive managementyou may be a great fit within our diverse and inclusive team.
Tech at Liberty Mutual offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company that's our opportunity for you. Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, attitude and capability, we want you to be part of the team.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Data Engineering experience.
- Experience with Data practices and technologies including data lake, data warehousing, data integration patterns (ETL, services, messaging), analytics and business intelligence.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the flexibility to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
High-reaching applicants will have:
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and multi-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Data Analysts)
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.