Claims Assignment Professional
Job: Claims Assignment Professional (CAPS)
Reports To: VP of Claim Operations
This position is an operational role working directly with claims managers, field adjusters and administrative client Liaisons. Claims Assignment Professional (CAPS) are responsible for maintaining adjuster verification of eligible field adjusters within all claims handling platforms and internal data bases (Trackvia and BridgeSource); managing the day to day dispatching of claim assignment that are received via the contractual carrier.
1. Ability to identify/ dispatch an assignment to appropriate adjuster, demonstrating SLO strategies.
2. Ability to field incoming questions from the field adjuster staff and direct them to the assigned Claims Manager for guidance.
3. Ability to make first contact with the policy holder:
a. as outlined with carrier contractual guidelines considered
b. Ability to document file notes
4. Ability to communicate with carriers regarding claim assignments
5. Report any assignment related issues to the Claims Manager for guidance and approval coverage issues, field adjusters’ availability (i.e. vacation), extended travel compensation increase, workload capacity
6. Strong knowledge of claims assignment platforms utilized by carriers/company.
7. Strong knowledge base of XactAnaysis, BridgeSource, Trackvia and any other company software.
8. Recommend improvements for processes or deliverables
9. Identify reopened, reassign and rejected claims a. Notify assigned Claims Manager so that cycle times and SLOs are monitored.
10. Travel when required – on site during catastrophic events
11. Assist during Catastrophic events with First Quality Contacts, and other duties as assigned
12. Assist any other projects for the betterment of Global Risk Solutions
1. Leadership - Exhibit’s confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
2. Strong Communicator - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively.
3. Decision Making - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
4. Teamwork Orientation - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
5. Technical Capacity - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
6. Learning Orientation - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
7. Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
8. Results Orientation - Anticipate, identify, and effectively deal with problems and risks; plan for contingencies to deal with unexpected challenges. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
9. Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of company EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Recognize the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Appreciates a diverse workforce.
10. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
11. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
This position will deliver a total claims assignment experience for Global Risk Solutions.
Work location to be determined and may be in office or remote. Dispatcher will be expected to work on-site in catastrophe events as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Specific workdays will be assessed based on volume of work but shall not fall below 5 days in a standard work week.
This position typically requires up to 10% travel but could be more in CAT situations.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
2. 2-3+ years’ experience in a position handling operation, claims, customer service
3. Must be able to partner effectively with employees
4. Engaging leader with ability to set high standards for personal and team performance.
5. Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Apply for Claims Assignment Professional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly