Innovation Senior Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Allstate's Claims Innovation and Enablement is seeking a motivated, self-starting individual with a background in research and communication to fulfill the responsibilities of a Senior Research and Development Consultant with our Claims department. The applicant should possess a strong desire to conduct research that brings the latest industry-trends and technologies, innovative capabilities, competitive intelligence and customer insights inside the walls of Allstate. The individual will also be responsible for coordinating outside consortiums/think tank activity with internal stakeholders and act as a liaison to market research groups that deliver competitive intelligence and other insights. The applicant may be asked to attend industry conferences and represent Allstate in relevant trade discussions. The candidate will be tasked with summarizing all relevant research, testing, and recommendations for key stakeholder and executive leadership consumption.Key Responsibilities
Research and Development
- Fulfills research requests from various sources regarding claims and insurance related developments, companies of interest, emerging trends and technologies, I&E content, competitive intelligence, and customer insights
- Develops in-depth analysis based on research
- Delivers recommendations based on research and analysis
- Defines and develops detailed business use cases
- Develops high-level CBAs
- Summarizes content from industry conferences for Allstate leader consumption
- Owns external relationships with industry consortiums / think tanks leveraging them to help inform Allstate strategy
- Collaborates with Strategic Partnerships team to vet and facilitate initial relationships with prospective strategic partners
- Informs I&E roadmap development through research, analysis, and recommendations
- Designs Test and Learn proposals and collaborates as necessary with the Test and Learn team in order to support IDE strategy, roadmap, and goals
- Collaborates with Platform Leaders to develop business cases for recommended capabilities, intended for presentation to the IDE Operating Board
- Helps maintain an environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Communicates verbally or in writing about relevent I&E with other employees, leaders and teams
- Manages multiple work assignments with limited guidance provided
- Proactively uses their expertise to help develop others
- When required - Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance to others
- Administers company Human Resources policies
**This position is not available toCaliforniaresidence**Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience
- Communication and/or research experience is preferred
- Claims experience is a plus
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Journalism and/or Communicationspreferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced skills related to research and analysis
- Applies working knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies advanced knowledge of coaching skills
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) and company-funded pension
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Compensation range for this position is $75,900 - $125,000per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.